Chapter 6: Jayfeather's Advice

Starpaw treaded through the forest. She past a river and several rocks.

She saw the brambles of Thunderclan in the distance. She ran to Jayfeather's den. "Jayfeather! I'm so confused! There are three toms after me! THREE!"

Jayfeather was busily sorting herbs. "I know. That's good for you. It means that other cats like you."

"I know, but I love them all!" Starpaw screeched.

Jayfeather sat up. "Then let me tell you a story."

Starpaw sat upright, waiting for Jayfeather's words.

"Way before you were born, there were some cats that I loved a lot." Jayfeather said.

"Who were they?" asked Starpaw, ears folding.

"Their names were Dawnsparkle and Stick." Jayfeather continued.

"Who is Stick?" Starpaw asked, cocking her head.

"Stick was... an actual stick." Jayfeather said, sniffing the wind.

"You loved a stick?" Starpaw yowled. My own father was in love with a stick? "Then what happened?" Starpaw asked, fur puffing out at every angle.

"Well, I couldn't have kits with Stick, now could I?" Jayfeather said, putting one paw on top of another. Jayfeather looked confused for some reason.

"So you chose Dawnsparkle over Stick!" Starpaw said excitedly. "But, that doesn't help me." Starpaw mewed, turning to the wall, which was stocked with herbs. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Follow your heart." said Jayfeather playfully. "Who do you want to be with?"

"Hmmmm..." Starpaw put one paw on her heart. She felt the frantic pitter patter. "Firestar! I want to be with Firestar!"

Jayfeather nodded. "Go then. Go with whomever your heart desires."

Starpaw squealed in excitement. She ran out of Jayfeather's den to tell Firestar.