Chapter 19: A New True Love Is Here For You

Gleamstar gasped. "What are you doing here, Firestar?"

Firestar laughed. "I took over Shadowclan!" he said happily. "I went to their territory. They told me that Blackstar died, so they let me become leader instead!"

"But, how did Blackstar die?" Gleamstar growled.

"Shot with some sort of Twoleg object. I think they call it a gun." Firestar said. He cackled once more. "Plus, Blackstar died miserable. He was so upset that you wouldn't be his mate."

Gleamstar yowled in sadness. But, she had to act happy so she didn't look like a complete mess when announcing that she had a mate.

Gleamstar clawed her way up the rock. Once the other leaders were done announcing, it was Gleamstar's turn.

"Cats of all clans! I have an announcement! Me and Hawkfrost are becoming mates!" Gleamstar yelled.

Every cat cheered. There were yelps of excitement everywhere.

But, before the cats were done cheering, there was a voice from above. There was a light gray, swirling cloud above Gleamstar and Hawkfrost.

Lightning struck Gleamstar! It hit her directly in the chest. She yelped in pain. Gleamstar couldn't really tell, but she thought she was dead!

Gleamstar woke up. She was in the Dark Forest.

She saw Ashfur behind her. "Why did you bring me here?" She hissed.

"Two reasons. I want you to be my mate, and you added a law to the Ten Lost Laws of The Clans." Ashfur giggled.

"I just don't want gays and lesbians in my clan!" Gleamstar cried.

"But adding a law is the worst way to get here in the Dark Forest." Ashfur said.

Gleamstar drew herself back. "No! It's my clan, I decide how to run it!"

Gleamstar turned around, where she bumped into Brokenstar!