Chapter 41: Death and Betrayal

Stargleam sat, hidden by the tall grass. She was sad. She couldn't believe what she had done. She gently smacked herself on the snout.

Then, Firestar was being attacked by Tigerstar! Firestar was pinned. His green eyes were filled with pain and fear.

Stargleam didn't want Firestar to risk his 9 lives. But, before she could get her jaws on Tigerstar's back, Fluffykit jumped on top of Tigerstar and ripped Firestar away from him.

"Fluffykit! Get back to the nursery!" Firestar bellowed with the remaining strength he had.

But it was too late. Fluffykit was down. And he was dead.

Stargleam ran up to the fluffy golden kit. "Fluffykit! No! Don't die on me!"

Fluffykit made no movement. Stargleam put a paw to Fluffykit's chest. He wasn't breathing.

Tigerfang gasped. "Mom! But you're fighting for the Dark Forest!"

Stargleam wailed. "I'm not, Tigerfang. And I now realized that the tiger in my prophecy was you!"

Tigerfang kicked a warrior named Icepelt off of him. "I don't know of this prophecy, and I don't care! Plus, we are both supposed to be evil!"

Stargleam's tears were like raindrops. They landed on Fluffykit's lifeless body like drops of morning dew.

She then heard a very familiar laugh. Hollyleaf!

Hollyleaf was sitting on Tigerstar's dead body. "Now I can rule the forest!"

"No." Stargleam said.

She narrowed her eyes as they began to glow.

Starkit's Prophecy was about to come true!