Chapter 23: The Attack

The Dark Forest cats were attacking the camp! In front of all the chaos, was Firestar, his ginger fur gleaming in the sun.

Yowls were all around Starkit. She saw blood being flicked into the air. Some of it landed on her purple ears.

Starkit ran around in circles, she didn't know what to do! Then she saw a cat run up to her. She clawed him on the eyes. The warrior screeched in pain and ran away.

I can fight! But, how? I'm just a kit! Starkit thought.

More Starclan cats came into the camp, lots of them were good fighters. The last two cats that came down were Crowfeather and Eaglewing.

Starkit stood, watching the cats fight. She wanted to help, but she was extremely hesitant. She didn't want to die in this battle!

Then, Starclan drove out the Dark Forest. But then, she saw a dark brown tabby behind her. It was Tigerstar! "No! I refuse to let you win!" Tigerstar growled.

He jumped over Starkit and clawed Bluestar. But Bluestar killed Tigerstar, with a blow to the neck, and a few scratches on the eyes

"No! Tigerstar!" Hollyleaf yowled. She cried as she buried her nose in his fur.

Hollyleaf glared. "You will pay for this." she hissed as she dragged Tigerstar away.

A large warrior came up to her. "Starkit is hurt, and her parents are gone! Who will be her new parents?"

"We will do it." a voice behind Starkit said.

Starkit turned. It was Redfur and Lakepool!

No! Why Redfur and Lakepool? I'd rather be raised by Brokenstar! Starkit thought madly.