Chapter 37: Allies

Stargleam gasped. "Firestar, what are you doing here? I thought you were the leader of Shadowclan!"

Firestar licked his paw for a few seconds in silence. "I was." He continued to lick, but this time he licked his chest. "I still love you, Stargleam. When I heard you and Tigerstar were fighting, I came as quickly as I could to help."

"You're too late! Ashfur even took one of my kits!" Stargleam said, panicking.

"It's okay. I know where his hideout is. He showed me." Firestar purred, flicking his tail.

"Really?" Asked Stargleam.

"Of course. It's this way!" Firestar yowled, running in the direction of a faraway cliff.

The rest of the Thunderclan cats walked away, leaving the cats behind.

Later, they had reached the cliff. Tigerstar's hideout was a hole in the cliff.

"Attack!" Firestar yowled in silence.

The she-cats, their kits, and the ginger tom jumped into the hole.

Tigerstar had some scars, because Tigerkit had been training with him.

"Tigerkit!" Huffed Stargleam. "Are you okay?"

Tigerkit sighed. He looked down at his paws. He then looked at his purple mom.

"Mom, I love you. It almost makes me regret doing this..." Tigerkit said.

"What do you-" Stargleam started, but Tigerkit had leaped onto her back and started attacking her!

Tigerstar cackled evilly. "What are you going to do? One of your beloved kits is now allied with the Dark Forest!"

Stargleam clawed Tigerstar. He then grabbed Tigerkit by the scruff and ran into the darkness.

By this time, Firestar had left to go check on the clans.

Stargleam wailed quietly. What now? Why, Starclan? Why?