Chapter 20: The Unknown

Brokenstar looked down at Gleamstar. He slashed at her.

Gleamstar yelped. She ran swiftly until she couldn't run any longer. She then saw the border between Starclan and The Dark Forest.

She attempted to cross it, but she was stuck in The Dark Forest.

She clawed at the ground, attempting to dig a hole, but it was no use. She was stuck with the seemingly endless oaks, and poisonous mushrooms.

But then, Yellowfang, Leafpool, and Brambleclaw stood at the border. "Welcome to Starclan."

"But I've been in Starclan before! And I'm not in Starclan. I'm in... The Dark Forest."

Leafpool dipped her head. "Very well."

Gleamstar was now able to cross the border. She then caught a glimpse of black and white fur. "Blackstar!"

Bluestar looked up. Her eyes were shining. "We know you have to save the forest. Since you've been here once, we can't send you back. But what we can do, is we can reincarnate you.

"Reincarnation?" Gleamstar asked. "But I'm a leader!"

Spottedleaf came up. "But it might take a while for us to get the portal ready. Until then, we have to send you back to The Dark Forest."

"Why? I belong here!" Gleamstar mewed.

"We know, but you have to go back." Bluestar said. "It's all for the best."

Gleamstar groaned. "Fine."

Gleamstar was now back at the border. She was back with the tall oaks. And the mushrooms. But then, she saw Fallen Leaves on the border!