Chapter 24: The Lake of Red

Starkit was upset that Redfur and Lakepool were her new parents. She knew it was against The Ten Lost Laws of The Clans to be gay!

"What's wrong, Starkit?" Asked Lakepool, licking Redfur's cheek.

"Because being a lesbian is wrong! It's against The Ten Lost Laws of The Clans!" Starkit hissed.

Redfur sighed. "Again, you wouldn't know of The Ten Lost Laws of The Clans! You weren't here during that event!" Redfur growled, a little aggressively.

"I don't know how I know!" Starkit yowled.

Lakepool shrugged. "Well, me and Redfur think it's okay."

"Come back to the nursery with us. You are too young to be out of the nursery." Redfur purred.

"No!" Starkit screeched. She refused to let herself be seen with Redfur and Lakepool!

Starkit ran into the forest. Then, she realized that Ashkit had followed her.

Ashkit frowned. "Why are you upset, Starkit? Is there something wrong?" the tom meowed in sorrow.

"There is something wrong!" Starkit hissed. "I'm being raised by lesbians!"

"Well." Ashkit purred happily.

"Well what?" Starkit growled. "And why are you so happy?"

"Come over here." Ashkit purred, dogging his tiny claws in the dirt and mud. "Maybe we can make them see the light. The truth." Ashkit yowled, climbing on top of a small rock.

Starkit smiled. She walked over to Ashkit and joined him on the top of the rock.

But then, there was an orange figure in the shadows. Then, into the shadowed forest, came Jazzsong, sadness in her eyes.

"Jazzsong, What are you doing here?" Starkit yelped.

Jazzsong sighed. "I became the leader after Gleamstar died. The death was sad. I went to the Moonstone to become leader. But, I refused to take a leader's name."

"Who is Gleamstar?" Starkit mewled. The name sounded familiar, but Starkit didn't know.

Jazzsong turned away. "I don't want to talk about it. Let's get you kits back to camp."

Starkit sighed. She turned to Ashkit, who was happily bouncing in excitement. Starkit enjoyed how happy he looked.

Jazzsong walked the two kits back to camp.

"Now, Starkit. Go see Redfur and Lakepool. They were worried about you!" Jazzsong meowed gently.

"Fine!" Starkit hissed. "But I'm not going to like it!"

Starkit walked up to the two she-cats.

Six moons later...

"I name you, Starpaw!" Jazzsong bellowed. "Your mentor will be Hawkfrost."

Starpaw was nervous. She knew that Hawkfrost was in the Dark Forest! He was also formerly of Riverclan!

Starpaw wanted a different mentor.