Chapter 22: I'm Not Fine

Starkit opened her eyes. She looked around. She heard the distant chirp of a bird, and the faint squeak of mice scurrying in the camp.

Starkit stood up. She tried to say something, but all that came out of her mouth was a quiet mew.

A black she-cat entered the nursery, her eyes glowing. "Hello, Starkit."

Why does she look familiar...? Starkit thought to herself.

Starkit looked around some more.

"We're in Thunderclan." The black she-cat meowed, nodding her head. "I'm your mother, Hollyleaf. Oh! Your father is coming right now!"

A large tom entered the nursery. "I'm Tigerstar, your father." The large cat meowed, nuzzling Starkit.

I recognize that name! Starkit thought. Before Starkit could think, Hollyleaf meowed "Go play with the other kits. I need to talk with your father in peace."

Starkit flicked her tail and nodded. "Okay!" Starkit gasped. She could talk now!

Starkit walked out of the nursery, hoping to find other kits to play with.

She saw most of the clan gathered in a circle. Starkit nudged her way in. She saw a purple she-cat dead in the center. She looked at it in fear for a few minutes. She then kept on looking for kits.

She saw Redpaw, now Redfur, and Lakepool licking each other.

"I thought Gleamstar told you to stop being lesbian." Starkit said and glares at the two she-cats.

"How would you know?" asked Lakepool, padding up to the purple kit. "You're just a kit!"

Starkit thought about this for a moment. "I-I-I don't know."

"Wait. You are Hollyleaf's kit, right? I think Brook and Stormfur also had a kit. His name is Ashkit. You should go see him." Redfur purred

Starkit nodded. "I will." She then began to look for Ashkit.

She then caught a glimpse of Ashkit, but she didn't get to talk to him.

She heard a loud yowl from across the camp. She looked to the left. She saw Starclan. She looked to the right. She saw the Dark Forest!

It's a war! Starkit thought. But then, she saw Hollyleaf and Tigerstar on the Dark Forest's side.

"Mom? Dad?" Starkit asked. "What is this."

The two cats flicked their tails, but didn't reply. That's when Starkit realized that her parents were evil!