Chapter 9: The Battle With The Holly

"Everyone! Follow me!" Stargleam yowled. She charged for the entrance of the camp. Tears streamed down her face. Her father had died, and now Firestar had been taken by Hollyleaf! "Flamepaw, Lakepaw, Dustpelt, Dawnsparkle, and Lionblaze follow me! I need a patrol!"

They ran into the forest. Their paw prints were quiet in the dirt. Stargleam would get Hollyleaf and Tigerstar for what they did.

Stargleam's heart burned. She stayed quiet, until she saw a hole in the mountain. But, she saw some black fur behind a boulder.

"I've got you now!" Hollyleaf laughed.

Stargleam gasped. "No! Flamepaw, attack her!"

Flamepaw nodded. She jumped behind the boulder and clawed Hollyleaf's nose.

How did they follow me? Hollyleaf thought. She dodged Flamepaw's next attack, and she clawed her belly as hard as she could.

"Flamepaw. N-no." Stargleam cried.

Flamepaw collapsed on the ground and closed her eyes slowly... and they didn't open again.

Stargleam couldn't see Hollyleaf now. She then spotted a pair of green eyes. Hollyleaf sat on top of Lakepaw, the life slowly draining from her eyes.

"Lakepaw! Wake up!" Stargleam shouted. But it was no use. Lakepaw was dead on the riverside, her blood leaking in the water.

"You don't get it, do you?" Hollyleaf teased. "I'm one of the three! I have special powers that came from Starclan!" Hollyleaf cackled.

Everyone gasped. Hollyleaf lifted her paws up. She became a little faded. Her claws were unsheathed.

Stargleam swiftly dug a hole and buried Lakepaw and Flamepaw. She had backfilled it just in time.

A few warriors tried to run away. "Not so fast!" Hollyleaf growled. "You won't get away from me that easily!" Hollyleaf jumped at Stargleam.

Stargleam jumped back. She pinned Hollyleaf.

Hollyleaf screeched. Blood was pouring everywhere.

Then a cat came out of the shadows.

"Tigerstar! Oh no!"