Chapter 39: Drowned With Regret

Jazzsong wiped her tear-filled eyes with her little reddish paw. "Stargleam... wait..."

Stargleam looked back to her mate. "I'm sorry. I have to. It's my destiny."

Sleetfoot growled a little. "I don't know, guys. Are we sure she's not a spy?"

"I'm not. You can kill me if you catch me being good." Stargleam said. She looked at Jazzsong and her kits. "It's all for the best." She whispered.

"No!" Fluffykit wailed and ran away. Jazzsong's eyes shined as she ran off into the forest to look for Fluffykit. Firekit followed behind nervously.

Stargleam was a little upset.

She walked into the trees with Tigerstar, Tigerfang, Sleetfoot, and a small, amber-eyed black she-cat named Blackbelly.

Tigerstar scraped his claws on a tree. "Okay. Tonight we are going to attack Thunderclan!"

Stargleam looked down. She didn't want to attack her home clan! But she had to.

Blackbelly cheered in approval, and soon enough, Sleetfoot, Tigerfang, and even Stargleam joined in.

"And Stargleam will lead the way!" Tigerstar yowled, lashing his tail aggressively.

"I will, Tigerstar." Stargleam meowed. She managed to keep herself from crying, but she was still sad inside.

What should I do now? I can't attack my home clan!