Chapter 7: Stars and Scars

Starpaw skidded over to the Highledge. "Firestar! I have to say something!"

"Not now Starpaw. You are going to get your warrior name!"

"REALLY?" Starpaw gasped.

"Yeah!" Firestar yowled. "You are the best apprentice in the den! We need you to defeat the other clans in battle! We are in the middle of a war!"

"We are?" asked Starpaw. She was stunned by this.

"Yes." Dustpelt meowed, frowning.

"While you were on your walk, Riverclan attacked us. We would've told you sooner, but you rushed to Jayfeather's den before we could speak." Sandstorm said.

Starpaw looked back up at Firestar. "Quick! Make me a warrior!"

"Okay." Firestar meowed. "All cats old enough to catch their own prey, please gather underneath the Highledge for a clan meeting!"

The cats poured out of their dens, murmuring things to each other.

"Today we are making a new warrior." Firestar yowled, flicking his tail. "Starpaw... please come forward."

Starpaw stepped up next to Firestar.

"Starpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and protect Thunderclan even at the cost of your life?" Firestar bellowed.

"Yes." Starpaw said, meowing.

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Starpaw, from now on, you will be known as Stargleam because of your pelt, which sings like the stars, and your special connection with Starclan." Firestar continued.

"Stargleam! Stargleam!" cheered the crowd of cats below the Highledge.

Stargleam was proud of herself. She was finally a warrior!

The cats went back to their dens.

"So what did you want to tell me?" Firestar asked, his eyes shining with hope.

Does he know? Stargleam thought

"Firestar." Stargleam walked closer to Firestar. "I-I-" Stargleam started. Stargleam's words were stuck in her throat.

"WINDCLAN ATTACK!" A voice screeched from below the camp.

Then, out of the shadows, Hollyleaf appeared!

"Hollyleaf! You're with Windclan? But why?" Stargleam asked.

Hollyleaf laughed. "You mouse-brains! I joined Windclan! You betrayed me, now I will betray you!" Hollyleaf leapt into the air.

Before Thunderclan knew it, another battle had risen from the ashes.