Fifteen: Help me

ALTHEA LEIGH VILLARIN

Friday.

It's only 3 am in the morning, but I managed to get myself up. As I look myself in the mirror, I can't help but cringe because of my puffed eyes. I find my shades inside the cabinet and wore it. Why? Because I'm planning to leave. I didn't think much, I only followed my instinct. Maybe I found that for a reason, although I don't know what it is, yet.

I packed some clothes, necessary things like phone, jacket and pocket money. And also, earphones.

I wore my black shades, black pants, and jacket.

I'm sure they're all sleeping. I opened the door quietly and went straight to the fridge to get my water bottle.

I went back to my room because there's no way I will escape through the main door. It would create much noise. Instead, I put the curtain on the side and removed the lock to open the window. My room is in the ground floor and it'll be easy for me to go out because the window is a sliding window.

It's still dark outside. I glanced at my wristwatch. It's already 3:43 AM.

I hesitated for a second. If I leave this place, where will I go? What would I do? I definitely go to find my parents. It's a sign.

For the last time, I look around my room I heaved a sigh. I hope I will not regret it.

I put my backpack on my back and wore my hood and silently jump through the window.

Darn, I forgot the gate! How...?

I looked at the whole gate. It's not tall enough, but I have no idea on how to pass through this. I gripped tightly on my backpack strap while thinking. Think... there's no turning back, Althea.

A ladder!! But it will be obvious...

They would know about it, anyway. There's no point in making it not too obvious. Besides, 'nay Linda wakes up at 4:30 to prepare food. She should be the one who'll know about it. Then, it would be fine.

~~~

Actually, I look like a thief in the street. I'm wearing a jacket with hood, shades and pants. It's cold today because it's 'ber' month, already. And I don't want anyone to see my puffed eyes, so there's no way I would take this off.

I walked for about 20 minutes to reach the main gate of the village. I'm so darn tired because I'm not used to it. I also don't know how to ride a bus alone. I used to go anywhere with dad, using our car. Or on a taxi, with my friends. But now...

I regret every second of my life. Why am I here? Am I supposed to experience all of these?

I asked for someone's assistance about the possible destinations of the bus I rode on. I chose the one that isn't familiar. Actually I am planning to get lost. And surprisingly, I don't need to take too much effort because I am not familiar with the places here. Aside from home, I only know the school, church, malls, and coffee shops nearby.

It's still early, but the bus is already full because majority of the passengers are workers.

I tucked my earphones on my ears and played a music on my phone. A sad song... I don't know, but I just feel like listening to it.

I look outside the window, the sky slowly become light. It feels refreshing. Actualy, it's my first time travelling alone before sunrise.

I glanced at my wristwatch. It's already 4:37. 'Nay Linda must be awake now. She should've known that I'm missing.