Chapter 2

----------

"Explain this!"

That's what welcomed Xueer right after getting inside her Dad's office.

A folder was slammed on the table in front of Xueer with her Dad looking so furious and her Mom just standing beside her Dad.

"W-What's this?"

Xueer confusedly asked as she have no idea what's inside that folder.

"Open it so you could find out. Make sure you'll explain everything in there."

Her Dad said once again.

Xueer reached out for the folder and nervously opened it.

Seeing multiple pictures of her and her boyfriend, Xueer's heart beat suddenly went faster because of nervousness and fear. Her hands started to shake, Making the folder fall.

"M-Mom... D-Dad."

Xueer said while stuttering.

She's so much in fear right now. Xueer knows how strict her parents are and she can't believe that they got caught although they already give their best.

"We already talked about this, Kong Xueer. No relationships until you finished studying. What are you doing now?!"

Xueer's Dad shouted, Anger and disappointment present in the air. Her Mom just stood there. Xueer knows that her Mom wouldn't say anything and would just agree to what her father says.

"But Dad. I'm already 18!"

Xueer unintentionally shouted in frustration. She knows that her parents doesn't like it whenever she talks back but this time, She just thought that she should.

"How dare you answer back? We didn't raise you like this! Is this how children should answer to their parents?! You have no respect!"

Her Dad angrily said once again. Xueer let out her tears fall.

"Dad, Mom, I'm tired of this. I always do what you want."

"Why can't you let me do what I want too?"

Xueer said while crying.

She does. When her parents says that she should do this or that, She would. She never disobey them.

But Xueer grew tired. She's had enough with the commands and rules that her parents give.

She wants to live freely like other people in her age does.

"Everything that we're doing are all for you, Kong Xueer. Why don't you understand that?"

That's when Xueer's Mom finally spoke up.

"And you think I'm liking it? I'm all tired of these shits. I'm tired of following your orders and everything. I'd like to have freedom too."

Xueer shouted back. It's the first time she did.

The thing she fears the most is disappointing her parents. All her life, She thought that all the things her parents told her to do would be the best for her. But as she grew older, She realized that it's not.

Her parents are doing this to get a hold of her, To manipulate her, To control her. That's what she thought.

"Then have your freedom."

"..."

"Leave my house."

"But don't ever come back crying when that boyfriend of yours dumped you."