Chapter 33

----------

Jiaqi's words are still processing inside Xueer's mind.

"It's Kong Xueer."

"It's Kong Xueer."

"It's Kong Xueer."

She's Jiaqi's girlfriend? Why doesn't she know about it?

Xueer was snapped back into reality when someone took her wrist and dragged her somewhere.

When she looked up, She saw that it was Jiaqi.

"Shit. She saw me!"

The redhead thought to herself.

Jiaqi then stopped infront of Xueer's classroom that also made the shorter stop.

The short-haired girl turned around and held Xueer's shoulder.

"Let's talk later."

She said and slightly tapped Xueer's head before walking away.

Xueer wasn't able to run after the older as she's already far away.

Though the teacher in front of the class started blabbering words, Xueer's mind is still filled with the thoughts about Jiaqi.

-----

Sitting on a chair inside the convinience store was Jiaqi and infront of her was Xueer, Standing with her arms crossed.

"Explain."

Xueer demanded while Jiaqi gulped.

"Look---I didn't really expect the situation to turn that way!"

Jiaqi started, Xueer rolled her eyes.

"Tss. Why are you even there in the first place? Are you following me?"

Jiaqi asked with a single eyebrow raised.

"Uh--Ofcourse n-not. I-I was just passing by t-then accidentally heard your c-conversation. Y-Yeah, That's it."

Xueer stuttered and hoped that the older will believe her.

"Oh? Okay?"

Jiaqi replied, Unsure if she'll believe the younger's explanation or what.

"Anyways, As I was saying."

Jiaqi went back to the topic.

"I don't really have a girlfriend, It was just my excuse so the girl would stop but then she asked an unexpected question. I thought she won't care who my said girlfriend is so when she asked, I panicked for a bit."

"Then my eyes caught you hiding by the nearby wall. That's when I got an idea, I told her that you're my girlfriend."

Jiaqi explained. Xueer immediately blushed with the thought that Jiaqi said that but also felt a bit down when she realized that it isn't true at all.

"What's with the face?"

Asked Jiaqi.

"Aren't you happy that you're my girlfriend?"

Jiaqi teased with a smile that would make anyone fall for her.

Xueer was about to say a word when an unexpected person spoke.

"Girlfriend?"

Xueer immediately recognized the voice. She turned around and was surprised when she saw her mom standing behind them.

"M-Mom?"

Xueer stuttered as she didn't expect this. She missed her mom but a part of her is still mad at her parents.

"I missed you, Sweetie."

Xueer's mom pulled her daughter for a hug.

On the other hand, Jiaqi could just let out a sad smile as she remembered her parents.

Not too long after, The two let go of the hug.

"I didn't know you have a girlfriend, Xueer."

Her mom teased and spared a look at Jiaqi.

"She's not m---"

Xueer was about to protest but Jiaqi cut her off.

"Goodevening, Ma'am. I'm Xu Jiaqi."

Jiaqi stood up and introduced her self nicely.

"She's pretty and much better than the boy who caused all these."

Xueer's mom complimented Jiaqi.

The redhead then felt uneasy and remembered what happened a few months ago.

"Why are you here, Mom?"

Xueer coldly asked.

"Sweetie, Your dad missed you so much. Don't you think it's time for you to come back?"

The redhead's mom softly said.

"I'm not coming back home anymore."

Xueer responded.

"But Xue---"

Before her mom could speak again, Xueer cut her off.

"I won't let you control me again. Please, Just stop."

Xueer said before walking away. Though her shift isn't finished yet, She didn't care and went home instead, Also not waiting for Jiaqi who's standing awkwardly while listening to the heated conversation.

When she saw Xueer walking out of the store, Jiaqi then spared a glance at the redhead's mom.

"Sorry for what happened. Don't worry, I'll talk to Xueer."

Jiaqi reassured the sad woman.

"Thank you, Jiaqi. I'll trust you with my daughter, okay? Please take care of her for me."

Xueer's mom nicely said as she held the latter's hand.

"I-I will and I'll also make sure that you'll be in good terms again."

Jiaqi said.

She doesn't want Xueer to be in the situation as she is with her own parents.

----------
Double update for you guys! :) ❤

Thanks for reading!

Support THE9!