Chapter 34

----------

"Xueer? Are you home?"

Jiaqi's voice echoed around the whole unit but no response was heard.

The lights are still off and no one seems to be home.

She then started checking the whole aparmtent to check if Xueer was there. At last, She opened the redhead's room.

Slowly opening the door and peaking inside, She saw that the lights were off but silent sniffs were heard.

Xueer is there.

"I'm going in."

Jiaqi said and let herself go inside.

Xueer was lying down her bed with the blanket covering her whole body. Jiaqi went towards the redhead and let herself sit on the empty side of the bed.

"Xueer, Everything will be okay."

Jiaqi reassured the girl and pat her side.

"Remembere when I told you that I'll tell you everything soon?"

No response.

"I think this is the right time so listen up."

----------
Flashback
----------

The 15 year old Jiaqi was standing outside a grocery store. She saw how the building burned down with her own eyes.

She was just passing by on her way home when she encountered such crime. On the corner of her eye, She spotted a tall male figure running away from the scene with a black mask on, Lighter and a container on his hands.

Jiaqi froze on her spot and wasn't able to move until she heard a loud siren coming from the fire truck and the police.

Not knowing what to do or not knowing where to run off, Jiaqi remained on her spot.

It was too late. The authorities spotted her and before she could even run, She was dragged by them to the police station.

-----

Jiaqi sat on a chair in the quiet room with her head hung low. She wasn't alone but the room is filled with defeaning silence and tension.

She was able to get back home from the authorities, Thanks to her rich and powerful parents.

"What's gotten into your mind, Kid? Is that how a teenager like you should act?"

Her Dad yelled that made her flinch.

"D-Dad, It wasn't me! I swear, I didn't do it!"

She defended herself but seeing the disappointed look on her dad's face, Jiaqi knew that he won't believe her.

"Why try explaining when everything is clear?! Stop trying to make excuses, Xu Jiaqi."

He yelled once again.

Jiaqi can't help but let her tears fall down in defeat. She knew that no one would believe her.

"From now on, You'll be living in Shanghai alone. Accept your consequences."

Jiaqi broke down in more tears after hearing those words from her father.

She isn't that independent. She can't live alone!

But what more could she do?

Keeping her mouth shut is the only thing she's able to do.

No one would believe her words anyways.

She started living in Shanghai all by herself, Sometimes she'll meet with her sister but never once with her parents after what happened. Her parents provide everything she wants but there's no love, attention and time given to her. It's all just money.

----------
End of Flashback
----------

Jiaqi's eyes pooled with tears after telling the story to Xueer.

To her surprise, She was immediately pulled into a hug by the girl.

"Sorry."

Xueer said as she caressed Jiaqi's hair.

"Shh. It isn't your fault."

Jiaqi replied and put her arms around Xueer's waist to make the hug more comfortable.

"I know that I'm not in the right position to tell this but..."

The short haired girl started while Xueer continued on listening.

"Fix your relationship with your parents while you still have the chance to. Unlike me who won't be able to do anything anymore."

Jiaqi said in a sad tone.

It only made Xueer tighten the hug. It's the least she could do to comfort the girl.

"I will. Thank you."

----------
So Jiaqi's past was already revealed!

I wanna say that this story is about to end. Maybe in less than 2 weeks (?)

Thanks for reading!

Support THE9!