Chapter 37

----------

"Are you sure you'll be alright here? I could stay if you want me to or you could come with me and celebrate the new year with my family."

Xueer asked in concern.

She's leaving for the new year and is too worried about leaving Jiaqi alone in their unit.

"Stop worrying too much. I'll be fine here."

Jiaqi reassured and patted the shorter's head.

Xueer blushed with the action but immediately spoke to hide her red cheeks.

"S-Sure. If that's what you say then a-alright. Hehe."

Xueer stuttered.

Jiaqi couldn't help but smile. Just the thought of Xueer's confession warms her heart.

"You should leave now. Take care, okay?"

The taller said with a wide smile.

Honestly, She doesn't want Xueer to leave but she doesn't want to be selfish either. After all, The redhead would be going to her parents' home and would be back in a few days.

"I don't want to go. Can I just stay here with you?"

Xueer pouted, Wrapping her arms around the taller's waist and burying her face on Jiaqi's neck.

Her heartbeat suddenly went faster and was afraid that Xueer would hear it so she carefully pushed the redhead away.

"We'll see each other in a few days. Go and enjoy your time with you parents, Understood?"

Jiaqi told the redhead like a mother talking to her child.

"I'll call you later and we'll do the new year's countdown together. Answer my call, Okay?"

Xueer said. She knew that it's the least thing she could do for Jiaqi not to feel alone and lonely.

"Yes, Princess. I'll wait for it."

Hearing the nickname that Jiaqi used to call her before made Xueer blushed so hard. Before, She hates it when the taller calls her that but this time, She feels like her heart will get out of her chest in any second.

"T-That's great. I'm leaving now. See you in a few days, Jiaqi."

Xueer said and pulled Jiaqi into a hug.

"I'll miss you. Take care."

Those few words that slipped out of Jiaqi's lips is enough to send butterflies into Xueer's stomach.

But she knew that it doesn't mean anything to Jiaqi.

"I'll miss you too."

----------

Sorry for the short chapter. As you see, This story is really coming to its end and I kinda don't want this to end yet that's why I always give chapters like this.

But ya'll enjoy fluffs like me, do you? Hehe

Thanks for reading!

Support THE9!