Chapter 20

----------

It's been a month, Maybe more than, Since Jiaqi would always stay at the convinience store where Xueer works just to check on the redhead. Though both of them are both tired with school stuffs, Well maybe not Jiaqi because she doesn't really pay attention to those, They still find time for each other. Every morning, Xueer would prepare breakfast and the two will have it together. Sometimes, They would even go to school together but surprisingly, No one noticed the changes between the two.

Unexpectedly for both of them, The two girls grew closer. Something that they thought would never happen.

Xueer admits, She doesn't feel any hate towards the short haired girl anymore. Instead, She started appreciating and liking the girl's personality, and her beauty ofcourse.

While there's Jiaqi who became a lot more clingy and sweet towards Xueer and to her surprise, Xueer doesn't mind it anymore, The redhead even flirts back with her.

And now, They are walking home with interlocked hands once again after Xueer's part time job. Both are smiling without knowing the real reason why. They just feel safe and comfortable with each other.

"Wanna grab ice cream?"

Jiaqi suddenly spoke.

"The heck, Jiaqi? It's freaking winter and even snow started falling and you want to eat ice cream?"

Xueer said then chuckled. Jiaqi pouted.

"Right. Then let's just cook noodles at home."

Jiaqi recommended which Xueer agreed.

-----

"You do like noodles, Don't you?"

Asked Xueer.

They are now sitting across each other with the hot noodles placed on the table.

"Yep. I didn't really liked it at first but since I moved out from my parents' house and I didn't know how to make my meals, I got used with eating noodles almost everyday and it surprisingly became my favorite food. I even planned on building a restaurant where various kinds of noodles would be served someday. But that's just a silly dream of mine."

Jiaqi said and chuckled together with Xueer.

"By the way, I haven't asked why you moved out of your parents' side. Had some problems?"

Xueer curiosly asked.

"No. Really. I never encountered any problems with them. It's just that I want to be more independent so I decided moving out but it was obviously a fail. They are still the one sustaining my daily needs and even paying the place I'm living at."

Jiaqi explained and Xueer formed an 'o' with her lips while nodding.

The taller started sipping the noodles before speaking up once again.

"Xueer."

Jiaqi called out, Xueer raised her head to look at the other.

"If you're parents asked you to come back at their place, Will you go back?"

Jiaqi asked, Trying not to crack her voice.

She grew fond of the girl and she have no idea what would happen to her if ever Xueer leaves.

Xueer blinked and it took her a while before answering.

"Uhm."

"I really don't know--I mean, It's nearly impossible for them to do that. It's been almost 2 months since I started staying here and I've never heard a single word from them."

Jiaqi just nodded with the redhead's answer.

"Why are you asking that?"

Xueer asked.

"Nothing. I'm just a bit afraid with the thought of you leaving."

Jiaqi said.

Xueer felt her world stopped. Even Jiaqi, Didn't expect that she'll say those words to the girl.

But what more could she do? She already said it anyways.

Jiaqi slid her hand towards Xueer's and held it.

"As long as possible, Please don't leave."

Jiaqi said. Both staring at each others' eyes.

----------

^^

Thanks for reading!

Support THE9!