chapter: 9

Elena's point of view

Valerie stares at me as I march around the dorm complaining about Yuta's attitude for the umpteenth time. I know she's sick of hearing about it but she's the kind of friend who won't interrupt your rant no matter what.

Valerie: You say you hate the way he talks to you when you try to be cordial so how about you stop?

I stop pacing to look at her.

Valerie: Just go on set, do what you're suppose to do and leave. Don't force conversation, don't engage with his friends, just do your job and avoid unnecessary banter.

She stares at me like it's the most simple solution in the world.

Me: I can't.
Valerie: Why not?
Me: His agent and my manager wants us to be friends for when we eventually do press conferences and red carpets.

She nods.

Valerie: Okay and when that time comes act as if you are. I'm sure Yuta will have no problem with it.

I start to stumble over my words and she hums.

Valerie: Call me crazy but it seems like you enjoy putting yourself through that kind of annoyance and humiliation. That's very masochist of you.

My eyes widen.

__

Yuta's point of view

Xiaojun bites into his burger completely ignoring the flock of girls at the next table staring at us.

Me: The pink haired one is cute.
Xiaojun: She's alright.
Me: The red head?
Xiaojun: Average.
Me: Short haired?
Xiaojun: Eh.
Me: Sorry they can't all be Santana's.

He throws a fry at me and I chuckle.

Xiaojun: So what's up with you and that Elena girl?
Me: Nothing, she's my co-star.
Xiaojun: I know but when I went apple picking with Char.

I snicker.

Me: Apple picking?
Xiaojun: Shut up, its hard being domesticated okay? I miss the mafia. Anyways, she told me Elena needed advice on how to stand up to you.

Stand up to me?

Me: She asked two submissives and a little how to stand up to me? Amusing.

He agrees.

Xiaojun: Cina and Santana are kind of scary though. And have you ever seen Char pissed? Man.

I'm not sure why Elena is trying so hard to be my friend. I have enough friends, and if she has some weird crush that's over to.

I don't believe in relationships.

Xiaojun phone rings and he answers it, he lets out a low whistle before hanging up.

Xiaojun: Sauni is in labor.

The first and last girl who broke my heart, how appropriate.

__

Everyone rushed to the hospital except me. There's no reason for me to go, it's weird and unnecessary. I sit on the couch scrolling through tons of messages on twitter. Some make me smile, and others make me want to close the curtains and lock the doors.

My phone begins to ring, it's my mother.

Me: Mom?

She sniffles a bit making me frown.

Mom: Yuta, are you well?
Me: I'm fine. How are you doing?
Mom: Just surviving.

My eyes begin to water, I shake my head as if to erase all the bed memories.

Me: I told you to leave Japan and come with me! You and Nani deserve a better life.
Mom: Your father isn't a bad man Yuta.

It's always like this.

Me: Your own family doesn't talk to you because of him, he made you kick out your only son at the age of twelve. Thank God for Hongjoong's parents because where the hell would I be without them?

I don't like to get angry with my mom but shit, I need her to come back to reality. Abusive dads is the one thing Wooyoung and I connected on a few months ago. We related to each other's pain.

Mom: I have to go now. I love you!

She hangs up and I sigh before throwing my phone against the wall.

__

every time i finish an anime i get sad. i miss haikyuu already dude