chapter: 40

Elena's point of view

He shoves his face in the bowl of candy sitting on his desk. He's uh, he's a strange one. I walk over to him, tapping gently on the oak wood.

Me: My name is Elena, starship entertainment sent me here for physical therapy due to an ankle injury.

It's muffled but I can make out the words of him saying "I'm not a physical therapist."

Me: But your office door says Doctor Wong head of physical therapy.

"It's a lie."

My patience begins to run thin. Is he shy? Is he nervous because I'm an idol? What is it?

Me: Well see you later then.

I walk towards the door, opening then closing it to make him think I left. The trick works because he raises his head up looking like a deer in headlights once he sees me.

We both blink.

Me: Can I set up an appointment now?

He stares at me, his face full of pain and confliction.

Dr.Wong: Do you recognize me? At all?

I raise an eyebrow.

Me: No, should I?

He goes to say something but doesn't, he looks confused.

Dr.Wong: Uh, yeah I'll set you up an appointment with me.

I smile before taking a seat across from him. He's an oddball but he looks rather young.

Dr.Wong: An ankle injury you say?
Me: Yeah during dance practice.

He writes down a few notes before sighing.

Dr.Wong: Elena Wong but your chinese name is Mei Wong.

Both our eyes widen to the size of golf balls.

Me: H-how did you know that?
Dr.Wong: Um, because uh..

He scratches the back of his neck.

Dr.Wong: It's on the internet! Yep! Your idol profile.
Me: Oh yeah, I always forget about that.

After finally setting up a session with him I begin to leave bumping into Santana on the way.

Santana: Everything went good?
Me: Yeah thanks, he's a little weird.

She giggles cutely.

Santana: Who Lucas? He's a sweetheart.
Me: Lucas?
Santana: That's what we call him but his real name is Yukhei.
Me: Yukhei, thats a nice name.

__

Yuta's point of view

I don't want to waste any time with finding my mother so as soon as we land we pick up a rental car and drive to my childhood shit-show, I mean home.

Xiaojun: You sure you don't want my sense talking stick?

His "sense talking stick" is a baseball bat with spikes on it. You can take the boy out of the mafia but you can't take the mafia out of him.

I begin to bang on the door. My stomach feels sick just looking at this house, nothing but bad memories. After ten minutes no one comes to the door. I kick the door growing slightly annoyed.

Yeosang: Do you think they're gone.
Me: He probably is but not her, he never allowed her to leave the house.

"YUTA! OI YUTA!"

I glance down the street to see who's making so much noise. Junhoe's mother May. She rushes over to pull me into a hug, swaying us back and forth.

May: I haven't seen you in years! In person of course, I see your face plaster everywhere for advertising.

I smile, she's always been a sweet lady. There were so many situations where I was beat so bad she cleaned me up when I ran away to go to Junhoe's house.

May: How have you been?
Me: Fine, do you still live three houses down?

She nods.

Me: So do you have any idea why my mother isn't answering the door.

She smiles sadly.

May: This afternoon I seen her and your father leave. She looked like she didn't want to.

Where the hell could they have went?

May: You boys can come over for dinner if you want. That way you can steal wait for her but get a good meal in you.

Before I could decline the boys were already following her to her house, I sigh. Mom please be okay.

__