chapter: 51

Elena's point of view

No matter what events people go through or how much time passes some people just don't change, and as sad as that is we should just accept it.

Lucas and I knew our parents would bullshit around. It honestly was a waste of time going to talk them, but letting them know I got my memory back was all I needed to do.

Lucas: I'm sorry.

He keeps saying that.

Me: Although I wished you would have went about it differently I understand, let's just move forward yeah?

He smiles.

Lucas: For what it's worth I did miss my annoying sister.
Me: Shut up, you were the annoying one.
Lucas: Was not.
Me: Was too.
Lucas: Was not!
Me: Was too!

He flicks me in my forehead. Deciding not to go straight back to Korea we hang around Japan. Going shopping, and spending the time that was taken from us as kids.

I have twenty missed calls from Junhoe and Yuta combined. I'm still trying to gather my words for them both, there's a lot to say to them as well.

Lucas: When I first seen Yuta after all those years I was a bit worried, but he ignored me as if I was a stranger.

Yuta was always a master at hiding his feelings. You never really know what goes on inside that big head of his.

Lucas: Are you all going to be friends again?
Me: Is it that simple?

He looks at me with a confused expression.

Lucas: Yes.
Me: Huh?
Lucas: Friendships like yours don't come around often. You three were inseparable even if our parents didn't like it. There's going to be a few bumps in the road but I don't think you should give up on them.

One thing about him this boy always remains positive.

__

Yuta's point of view

Xiaojun stares at me mockingly.

Xiaojun: Worried about your girlfriend?
Me: She's not my girlfriend.

I pour another drink.

She regained her memories, all of them.

I'm not sure what this means now. I try not to think about it too much but Junhoe has been blowing up my phone ever since I told him she left.

Bothersome.

Xiaojun: What does this mean for you and Junhoe?
Me: I still hate him.

He sighs.

Xiaojun: You don't hate him, you hate what he did.
Me: What are you a therapist now?
Xiaojun: Should I be? Without the mafia I'm kind of bored now.

I chuckle before shaking my head.

Me: You changed your whole lifestyle for love, do you regret it.

He looks at me as if I have five heads.

Xiaojun: Of course not.

I search his face for any sign of untruth, but there's none.

Xiaojun: I'm a big boy, if I didn't want to stop I wouldn't have. I've done some things that no doubt reserved me a vip section in hell.

True.

Xiaojun: But never once did I care or think about anyone feelings. I did what I had to and got rid of anyone who stood in my way. In that line of work you can't have a heart, but..

He smiles sadly.

Xiaojun: The look on Santana's face was enough to make me want to repent for everything. She looked empty, and shattered. I remember her hitting me over and over. She was so angry, not necessarily because of what happened but because she trusted me.

A scoff leaves his lips.

Xiaojun: Me a murderer being trusted by someone like her. I thought Char's entire friend group was insane for welcoming me in. They didn't see me as a mob leader but as a boy with a broken soul due to a terrible childhood.

Xiaojun is a complex person, there's many layers to him. I think that's why we became close so quickly, we're one in the same.

Xiaojun: The best thing to do when you finally have a sit down with Elena is to be honest, I'm talking one hundred percent honest.

Honest huh?

__

Elena: Be honest with me Nakamoto, am I pretty?

Yuta raises an eyebrow.

Yuta: Yes. Why do you ask?
Elena: At school it seems like no boys ever pay attention to me.

Deep down inside Yuta liked that. He didn't want anyone noticing how special Elena truly was. Selfish? Kind of, but he didn't care.

Yuta: I wouldn't worry about the opinion of highschool boys, they're dumb.
Elena: You're a highschool boy.
Yuta: And I'm dumb sometimes, no?

She laughs, her rosy cheeks making Yuta smile even wider.

Elena: Always so honest.

__

debating on taking a small hiatus after i finish the book, idk yetttt. i've been talking with my friend and she told me not to. i just need to learn to block out all the bs and appreciate the good stuff (: