chapter: 41

YangYang's point of view

Santana is finally letting me handle a patient all on my own today, so imagine my surprise when Lucas barges into the room plopping down on the chair.

Me: What're you doing here?
Lucas: That's no way to talk to your patient.
Me: What?

He chuckles.

Lucas: I scheduled this time.
Me: We've been friends for forever! I've been your therapist already.

He shakes his head.

Lucas: This is different.

Out of all my years of knowing him there's only one topic that ever makes him this serious. When Lucas was around fifteen he ran away and never seen his parents or sister again.

He went to live with his uncle. The uncle didn't care that Lucas ran away because quite frankly, he hated Lucas' parents and understood completely.

Lucas: When the time is right you'll see them again. That's what my uncle always said, however the time isn't right!

My eyebrows furrow together.

Me: What do you mean?
Lucas: My sister made an appointment with me today.
Me: Oh shit. Did she say anything to you?

He shakes his head.

Lucas: It's like she had no idea who I was. I don't know if she was pretending or genuinely forgot what I looked like.
Me: Inpossible, you've had the same face since you were a baby.

I can't imagine going years without seeing Ten and all of a sudden he pops up not even recognizing me. Lucas deals with different emotions everyday because of his family.

Pain, guilt, anger, loneliness, and sadness.

That's why he joined the frat back in college. To have a sense of brotherhood, a family.

__

Yuta's point of view

I think these idiots forgot why we're in Japan in the first place. They've already had three plates of unagi and soba.

May: I see you're taking Japan and Korea by storm Yuta.
Me: I guess.

San slaps my back.

San: Don't be so modest! He's an actor, model and could possibly be an idol if he wanted to.
May: Speaking of idols I see that Elena..-

Xiaojun and I begin to choke.

Yeosang: This is why you should chew before swallowing.
Xiaojun: Shut up.

What are the odds Junhoe, Elena and I would all end up in Korea. I left Japan at a young age due to my dad, no doubt Elena left for training, and who knows when Junhoe decided to step out.

The universe is funny that way.

May: She's made a name for herself with her group.
Hongjoong: You know Elena?

May nods, oh God.

May: She use to live here in Japan. Her, Junhoe and Yuta were best friends.

Everyone except Xiaojun looks at me.

Yeosang: Besftfriends?
Hongjoong: I'm confused.

I sigh.

__

Elena's point of view

I step into the coffee shop, smiling a bit as I spot Junhoe.

Me: Hey!
Junhoe: Hi.

I was surprised when he texted me asking to meet up but I had nothing better to do so here I am. After ordering we sit in a private corner so no one will recognize me.

Even after the sex, and him directing our music video I still feel nervous around him. There's just something I can't quite put my finger on.

Junhoe: It's been a while since we've seen each other. What have you been up to?
Me: Just working a lot, the normal. You?
Junhoe: Same more or less.

He stirs his tea not saying anything.

Me: Are you sure you're okay?

He sighs.

Junhoe: If your friend lost their memory, forgetting you and everything you've ever been through would you try to rejog their memory? Even the bad ones?

I hum.

Me: As someone who suffers from amnesia.

His eyes widen.

Me: My parents told me a lot about my past life. It wasn't too eventful, but they mentioned me having two good friends that moved out of Japan.

My parent described the time I spent with them as a coming of age movie. I wish I could remember it, but knowing I lived in the moment of it is just as good I suppose.

Me: So if those two friends ran into me again somehow I'd understand if they wanted to help me remember. I'd be the same way.
Junhoe: Even the bad?

I nod.

Me: There's no such life in where you get the good without the bad.

He smiles sadly.

Junhoe: I have to tell you something.

__

let's be moots (: