chapter: 38

Elena's point of view

During practice a few days ago I messed up my ankle. After a few days of rest the doctor ordered me to go to physical therapy to begin the journey on being able to put all my weight down on it again.

Cina assured me her hospital has one of the best physical therapist.

So here I am waiting.

Once the door opens I smile greeting him, he pauses when he sees me.

Me: Hi! I'm Elena..-

He quickly leaves the room.

What the hell?

__

Valerie's point of view

Giselle and I walk around the art gallery in awe. Art is interesting because it can make complete sense to you or not, however you interpret it is correct.

We sit on a nearby bench across from a splatter paint piece.

Giselle: I see so much anger and destruction.
Me: Really? I just see a mess.

She laughs.

Giselle: I think all the dark and sad colors stuck out to me.

She's an interest person, she sees a deeper meaning to everything which is interesting. I can tell she has a story, but I won't ask until she decides to tell me.

Giselle: After my fiancé died I didn't think I'd be able to find happiness, and yet.

She lifts up our intertwined hands.

Me: What kind of person was Jandi?
Giselle: Ah man, she was something.

She closes her eyes in deep thought.

Giselle: She was like me in a way. Didn't know how to take charge of her own life, didn't know what she wanted so made a lot of bad decisions. I believe in second chances. So while I was on my second chance at life she was on hers, the universe placed us in each other's lives then yeah.

I can tell she misses her a lot.

Me: I may not ever be able to replace her, but I hope I make you just as happy as her.
Giselle: You make me very happy, now let's go eat!

__

Yuta's point of view

Nani and I pace the floors waiting for our mother to call back but nothing.

Nani: I'm starting to get worried Yuta.
Me: I agree.

When my father takes away my mom's phone she'll sneak off to the library and send an email, but she hasn't done that either.

I'm tired of waiting.

Me: Nani, I'm going to Japan.

__

it's 5 something in the morning why am I up.