5

"I still don't understand how you guys made the team. I mean, considering your... vertical measurement." Tzuyu said as she perfectly shot the ball in the basket. Chaeyoung glared at the taller girl.

"It's been 3 years, Tzu. How are you still thinking of that?!" Chaeyoung shot back at her but the other latter just ignored her. Dahyun ran up to the ball Tzuyu just threw, which was now being abandoned at the side of the court.

She effortlessly spinned it on her finger, while approaching her friends. "Maybe because it's skill over height. You can't deny that we're pretty useful here." She said as she passed the ball to Chaeyoung.

"May I remind you that our backs were hurting from carrying the team from last year's game while you were suffering from freaking Chicken Pox." Dahyun said. Tzuyu rolled her eyes as she stole the ball from the small cub.

"I know. It was the worst weeks of my life." Tzuyu groaned. Chaeyoung looked at her. "Why?" She asked like it wasn't obvious. Tzuyu raised an eyebrow.

"It's freaking Chicken Pox and we live in the same apartment. I tried so hard not to infect you guys or we were gonna be doomed." She explained. "That was the biggest game of the year and we all know the team wouldn't have been in good shape without us three." She added.

Apparently, Dahyun was in the mood to tease the Yoda-like girl. "Are you sure this is just about basketball or you're just trying to hide the fact that you care for us?" She grinned. Tzuyu looked around trying to find an answer. "No!" She yelled at her.

"Aww look at that, Dahyunnie. Our baby really does care about us." Chaeyoung played along, poking the sides of their tallest friend. "I'm only less than 2 months younger than you, Chae!" Tzuyu yelled, trying to stop them from poking her.

"Aww look how adorable! Just like an adorable, over-sized yoda plushie in the arcade." Dahyun laughed. Tzuyu groaned. "Shut up, guys!" She whined. The two other girls couldn't hold in their laughter.

"Whatever you say, captain."

A second later, 2 young girls entered frantically inside the gym, looking like they had just ran a marathon. "Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu unnie!" A girl with high pigtails called.

The three girls saw them panting and told them to relax for a while. "Yeji, Yuna, breathe for a sec." Tzuyu told them. After the girls calmed down, the girl named Yuna, spoke.

"Sorry unnies, but we were just gonna tell you that we have 5 more minutes until class starts." She said. Dahyun took out her phone and checked the time. "Yeah she's right. We have to go, guys." She said.

"Thanks for reminding us guys." Chaeyoung said while patting both Yeji and Yuna's shoulders. Yuna saw the ball Tzuyu was holding. "Unnie, can I borrow the ball?" She asked.

Tzuyu passed the ball to her and the younger girl happily dribbled it. All 5 girls walked out of the gym and headed to the school hallway. "Just try not to hit anyone with that, Yuna." Dahyun told the younger one.

"Yeah what she said, and Yeji..." Tzuyu faced the called girl. "Make sure to keep an eye on her." She pointed at Yuna. Yeji looked at the younger girl like she knew she would really cause trouble.

"I'll try my best, unnie. Sometimes there's really no stopping her." She said. The three older girls laughed while Yuna was being teased.

They entered the school hallway, and as usual, everyone around them turned to face them, mostly on Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu. They've been treated like that ever since they studied there. It just 'intensified' after they joined the girls' basketball team and becoming even more popular.

Those three have always caught each students' eye, as well as the new ones. Everyone was always so curious about them. Curious, but also intimidated.

They were almost everyone's girl crushes. Some idolized them and wanted to become their friend. Some tried to make a move, but gave up right before even starting.

Those three didn't have that much friends outside the team. They don't really pay attention to people they don't know well. That's how they got their nickname, 'The Unbothered'.

But aside from the image the people think they hold when they're in public, they're almost like different people when they're alone. One example was the event that had just happened earlier in the gym. Only few knew that side of them.

While walking (or more like strutting) down the hall, Yuna lost grip of the ball she was holding, causing it to bounce around.

"Look out!" She yelled and everyone's attention was on them (but not like it wasn't in the first place). They all quickly moved out of the way, except for one specific girl, Mina, who was still chatting with a bunch of friends. They pulled her aside when they saw the ball coming, but it was still close enough to hit her.

Just before all that happened, Chaeyoung made her way through, in between Yeji and Yuna, who were walking in front of them. Her being small was an advantage, especially for that situation. She ran across the hall, catching the ball before it was able to hit the penguin-like girl, or anyone else.

She sighed in relief, giving the ball back to Yuna. The two younger girls quickly caught up to Chae. Dahyun and Tzuyu still stood there, watching from afar. They stopped when Chaeng took them by surprise while running down the hallway.

"See? I told you so." Yeji whispered to her friend as they approached Chaeyoung.

"You should watch where you're dribbling next time, Yuna." Chaeyoung said. She took a look at Mina. When their eyes met, she felt an unfamiliar feeling. She quickly turned away. Unbeknownst to her, Mina still kept staring at her.

"Sorry Chaeng unnie." Yuna apologized to the shorter girl and then to the girl she almost hit. Chaeyoung ran back to Dahyun and Tzuyu.

"You scared the crap out of us, Chaeng." Tzuyu whispered to her. The shorter girl mumbled an apology. "What was that about?" Dahyun asked her, still confused why her friend suddenly stepped into action.

"Look, we have to get to class. I don't wanna be late." That's what Chaeyoung said before they kept walking. The two other girls figured she didn't want to talk about it.

The bell rang and Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu walked to their first class.