29

Outside their house, Sana was sitting by their porch, thinking about what happened earlier. Her head hurt from thinking about it. She was frustrated and angry. Why did all this have to happen to her? She thought.

Her life was already so complicated and that had to happen to mess her up more.

"Sana."

She heard someone call her name. She looked around, but she found no one. All she knew was that it wasn't Mina or Momo's voice. It was a man's voice, and she swore she has heard that voice before, like she's heard that voice her entire life.

Sana looked again and now, she saw her uncle in like a ghost form. Her eyebrows furrowed. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Sana, you're dreaming." Her uncle told her. "What are you doing here?" Sana repeated her question. Her uncle took a step forward, like he was trying to reach out to her.

"Listen, I'm here to explain everything." He said. "You better." Sana mumbled in a cold tone. "Okay..."

"I admit it. I did lie, but I did it for your own good." Sana was confused. "How?!" She asked him. Her uncle sighed. "Sana, calm down first. Let me explain." The girl took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down, like what her uncle told her.

She knew that she should at least let him talk because maybe this is the only time she can discover the truth.

"Okay, I'll start."

"I knew your father. We were great friends before. Your father was a sorcerer too. He married your mother, she was a human. Then they had you."

"He expected you to have powers too, just like him, but things didn't turn out the way he wanted them to. You were born a full human, that part was true. He was furious because he couldn't have a daughter as a sorceress."

"He killed your mother."

With that, Sana gasped. Her head was aching from taking up all those information. She broke into tears. Her uncle stopped talking and asked her if he should continue. Sana nodded, saying it was okay.

"He brought you to me. That's the part where I gave you powers. At first, I refused. You were just an innocent child. You were still a baby, you still had no say in that. If it were up to you, I wouldn't have done that."

"But I knew he was a psycho ever since and he would do anything to ruin me if I don't do what he says. And that's why, you're what you are now."

"Then a while after, I took in Momo and Mina, did the same to them. Your father said he would be back for you when you turn 6. But I didn't allow that."

"Why not?" Sana asked.

"Because I knew from the start that once he gets what he wants, he would only use and... kill you."

Sana was left speechless. It was so hard for her to process everything. "Why would he do that?" She asked her uncle.

"Like I said, he was crazy. I never knew what was going on inside his head. And I didn't let him take you away from me because I cared for you, all three of you. You all were like my own daughters and what kind of father would do that to their own child?"

Sana cried even more. Now she understood. She walked closer to her uncle and tried to reached out her hand to touch his, but she couldn't. It was like touching the air, then she only became more upset. She was even more emotional now because she couldn't even hug him.

"I'm really sorry... dad." Sana cried.

Takejiro also became emotional because it was the first time any of the three girls called him that.

"It's okay, Sana-chan."

Sana asked him another question after she'd calm down a little. "So what happened after?"

Her uncle explained. "I tried my best to keep him away from you and you away from him for 12 years. But it seems like he found you again." He sighed.

"Wait, so the night you...died, before we moved here, the guy trying to kill you, was that...?" Sana asked and her uncle only nodded to confirm it to her. "Yes that was him."

"He was the main reason why I made you move here in the first place. He was the main reason for everything."

"I never got fired, I had to quit my job because he found me. That's the real reason why I never brought home takeouts anymore. He's been chasing me and that's why I always broke the door."

"I just wanted to protect all of you. But, Mina and Momo already got involved. Just please take care of yourselves. Always be careful. There's a big chance that he'll come back."

"I know." Sana nodded. The man sighed. "I have to go, Sana." Takejiro spoke.

"No, please." Sana begged while trying to reach for his hand. Then she remembered thag she couldn't even hold him. "I have to. Please be careful. And tell Mina and Momo I love them too." He said before walking away.

Sana cried a lot more when she saw her uncle, or more like the father they should've had, leaving. It was only a dream but it hurt her a lot.

"I'm sorry, come back, please."

~~

Sana woke up with a jolt. She was still outside their house leaning by the pillars, but now she saw Momo and Mina in front of her, looking at her worriedly. Both girls were fanning her. She felt her face and she could feel herself sweating.

"What happened?" She asked them. Mina sighed in relief. "It's good that you woke up." She said. "You've been asleep for hours, we got worried then we found you here sweating like crazy. You were tossing and turning while mumbling in your sleep." Momo answered Sana's question.

"What about you? Did anything happen? Like in your dream?" Mina asked Sana. The girl was quiet for a while and her sisters just waited patiently for her to speak.

"I saw uncle." She told them. Mina furrowed her brows as Momo stared at her curiously. "How?"

"He visited me in my dream." Sana said. She faced Momo. "You know, just like what you said a little while ago. How sometimes people will try to communicate to you through your dream. And he did that to me."

"What did he say?" Mina asked. "He told me the truth about my father." And that night, Sana told her sisters everything about what their uncle said to her. Knowing that Sana was having a hard time, they went up to her and gave her hug.

"We're gonna be fine. We're gonna get through this together."