10

From: Momoring 🍑

Minari! I won't be able to join lunch with u guys today. I'll be working on smth in the library. I'll just see u guys later

From: Sanachan 🐿

Mina-yah! I can't join with u guys during lunch. I'm taking pics of trees. I'll just see u later during class muah 💋

. . .

"Great, they left me alone." Mina said to herself and just continued eating her food. She was alone in the table right now. It seems like her sisters were busy.

She also thought if either Nayeon, Jeongyeon, or Jihyo, would join her but she hasn't seen them around yet. She was even surprised that Momo chose work over food.

Speaking of work, out of boredom, she started sketching a penguin. She's heard from a bunch of people that she resembles a penguin and they're not wrong. She started working on that during class hours but she was lucky enough that she wasn't caught by the teacher. Either way, she can still be able to listen to the lecture because of her strong mind power.

Just as she thought she was going to eat lunch alone, someone she didn't expect to see, stood in front of her. "Hi..." The person said shyly. Mina was just sitting there, frozen. "Umm, I hope you don't mind, but can I sit here?" The person asked.

Mina looked at the girl in front of her. She knew that girl. It was the girl who saved her from a ball a day ago. It was Son Chaeyoung. If Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo had it their way, it was the cub. And now, the cub and penguin meets again.

Mina looked around, trying to see if Chaeyoung's friends were with her. And no, they weren't. Chaeyoung was alone, just like how she was. The basketball player understood what Mina was trying to do. "Oh yeah, my friends ditched me today." She said.

Mina laughed. "Yeah, my sisters too." She said, realizing she had just spoken to her. Chaeyoung still stood their awkwardly, waiting for Mina to tell her if she can sit with her. That was when the penguin-like girl realized it.

"Oh I'm sorry. I was just surprised, but yes, you can sit here." Chaeyoung seemed to ease a little after hearing that. She sat down in front of the girl. "If your sisters and my friends ditched me, do you think there's a possibility that they could be together right now?" Chae asked out of nowhere.

'Big brain.' Mina thought. She just shrugged. "I guess so." She said. Chaeyoung laughed at the thought of her friends and Mina's sisters together. Then, she saw what Mina's been working on. "That's a really cute penguin." She told the girl.

Mina blushed at the compliment. "Oh thank you." She giggled. "Do you like drawing too?" Chaeng asked, Mina shook her head as a response. "Not really, I only do these when I feel like it. I didn't even expect for the outcome to be this good." She said.

"Well I can tell you, you're pretty good." Chaeyoung told her. Mina wondered if this girl was really just filled with compliments. If there was a compliment battle, Chaeyoung would win. Mina would be lying if she said she wasn't flattered with all her compliments.

"Oh I forgot. I'm Son Chaeyoung, by the way." The basketball player said, introducing herself. "I know." Mina said. "Y-You do?" Chaeyoung asked back. Do these athletes really not know how they're so popular in their school?

"I mean, aren't you guys the cool, popular kids here?" Mina told her. Chaeyoung just nodded, realizing that they were the 'big deal' in their school after all. 'So even the new ones are already aware?' She thought. "Right..."

"I'm Kanai Mina." Mina just introduced herself, nevertheless. "I like your name." Chaeyoung said. There she goes again with her compliments. At this point, Mina would be a tomato by now. But maybe she'd rather be called 'ketchup'.

"Thanks, I like your name too. Your nicknames must be cute." Mina said. Now it was Chaeyoung's turn to be flustered. "I mean, if you think Chaeng and Chaengie is cute." She played along. Mina almost squealed when she knew about Chaeyoung's nicknames. It was indeed cute.

"Umm Mina." Chaeyoung called. Mina hummed as a response. "A while ago, before you let me sit here, you said you were surprised. What did you mean by that?" Chaeyoung asked curiously.

"Ohh, well it's because you guys are known as the 'Unbothered' because you almost never talk to people outside your team, then you suddenly approached me. I just thought why you suddenly talked to me." Mina explained to her.

Chaeyoung nodded her head. When they first heard that nickname, they found it ridiculous. People literally just made a public image for them. But now, Chaeyoung thinks that it's time to break that. "Well, maybe it's time for a change." She replied.

The people around them stared at them curiously. First they saw Dahyun and Momo together and now they saw Chaeyoung with Mina. They're wondering now if Tzuyu was doing the same thing. But of course, they didn't know that because she was with Sana in the parking lot.

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo just entered the cafeteria and saw the two together. Jihyo wanted to go to them and ask what was going on but Jeongyeon pulled her back, saying that they should just leave them alone. So the three just decided to sit at a different table, but still looking after Mina and Chaeyoung.

While the cub and the penguin were talking, getting to know each other, Chaeyoung received a text message. After reading it, she looked at Mina apologetically. "It was from our coach." She started.

"She wants me to go to the gym now to help her with the new equipment added in the gym." She explained. Mina nodded in understanding. "She tried contacting Tzuyu and Dahyun but she can't reach them so she texted me."

"It's alright. I had fun talking to you, though." Mina told her and showed her a gummy smile. Chaeyoung's heart fluttered with just that. "Me too." She smiled back at the girl. Chae was about to stand up when Mina spoke.

"Oh and also, Chaeng, thank you for saving me from a ball the other day." Mina told her, referring to the scene that had happened yesterday. "You're welcome. I'm also sorry about Yuna. Sometimes we really just can't keep her away from trouble." Chaeyoung joked.

"It's okay. I'm fine." Mina assured her. "I hope we can hang out again." Chaeyoung said and Mina agreed with her. "I'll see you when I see you." The older girl said. "Yeah I'll see you when I see you." Chaeyoung said, repeating what Mina told her.

Before Chaeng left, she raised her hand and waved at the girl. Mina waved back at her too. "Bye."