28

"South Korea?"

"That fool just made a bigger fool out of himself."

. . .

"Hide and seek is over."

. . .

"I won."

. . .

"I already found her."

~~

In their backyard, Momo was watering their plants in the early evening as a punishment (given by Mina) because she forgot to wash the dishes.

Just as she was doing it, a tall man wearing strange, dark clothes and a face mask walked over to her. Momo stared at him questioningly. "Uh, hello?" She greeted hesitantly but the man just stayed put and quiet.

"Ahh maybe you don't understand Korean." She said while scratching her head and trying to think of something to say in English. "Uh so... umm, where are you from?" She asked.

"Who are you?" The man asked in Japanese. Momo had her mouth open in realization. "Ohh, you're Japanese." She said while holding her hand out. "I'm Momo, Kanai Momo." She awkwardly pulled her hand back when the man didn't even shake it.

"You didn't have to tell me your last name. I already know." He said. Momo furrowed her eyebrows. "You do?" She asked him, he was already starting to freak her out. "I know your uncle." The man revealed.

Momo felt very uneasy. "My uncle? Kanai Takejiro? Did you work together before?" She asked. Until now, the man didn't even reveal his face or at least move an inch. From first glance, Momo already found him weird and he was really creeping her out. Now, she regretted opening up a conversation with him.

"He was an old friend of mine." The man answered. Momo gulped from anxiety. As far as she knew, her uncle never really associated with a lot of people before. But Momo thought that maybe that was before their uncle adopted them.

She knew that the only way to escape this was to run fast back inside their house and lock all the doors and windows and never coming out for a few days. As ridiculous as it sounds, she thinks that maybe it was helpful.

She was about to do that but the man spoke again. "Where's your sister?" Momo really wanted to run already. It was already a mystery for her on how he knew their uncle and now he also knows she has sisters? Why would a middle aged man even ask a teenage girl where her sister was?

The only way Momo could get out of this was to lie. "I don't have any sisters." She told him. He sarcastically laughed and with that, she had goosebumps. "Mina? Sana? Does that ring a bell?" He asked. Momo just shook her head. "No I don't know anyone with those names." She denied.

"Your mind says otherwise." The man said. Momo knew exactly what he was saying. She just hoped that it wasn't what she thought it was.

"What do you mean?" She asked him. Momo could see the bad intentions in his eyes. It scared her to death. She just wished someone would come and interrupt them. She wished this was all a stupid dream.

"Witches? Wizards? Sorceress? Sorcerer?" He walked closer to the frightened girl. At the same time, Momo took a few steps back to avoid him.

"I hope you don't think that the three of you are the only ones existing."

Momo's eyes widened in shock. With just a blink of the eye, the man disappeared, or so she thought. She looked back and she saw him.

He was inside their house.

~~

"Momoring! Mina wants you to order food!" Sana called while she headed downstairs to look for her sister. But instead of Momo's face, which she expected to see, she saw the man Momo was talking to a while ago.