6

"Finally lunch time!" There's no need in mentioning who said that. Momo, Sana, and Mina just survived half a day in school. It was already lunch time and they headed to the school cafeteria.

They fell in line to get their food. Momo was already drooling with the smell and sight of the food. "Stop that you're gonna embarrass us." Mina scolded the food lover.

Momo just rolled her eyes and faced Sana. "I hope you weren't lying about the jokbal, Sana, cuz I'm so ready to devour on that right now." She said.

"Oh, jokbal's only available every Friday." Someone from behind them said. They turned around and saw the big-eyed girl who was one of the ones who talked to them earlier.

"Heyyy..." The three greeted. They forgot the girl's name. The other girl knitted her eyebrows together, wondering why they were kinda acting weird. "Hey guys."

"Ahh CJ" Momo pointed at the girl who greeted them. Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows even more. "Uh no, I'm not CJ. My name is Jihyo. I'm guessing you guys forgot." She laughed.

"Ahh so her name was Jihyo." Mina told her sisters. "I knew it started with a 'J'." Sana spoke and snapped her fingers. Jihyo only stared at them curiously. Sana giggled. "Sorry. We really did forget your name, but I knew it started with a J. That's why we called you CJ." She explained.

Jihyo just nodded. "Uhuh, but what's with the 'C'?" She asked. "We figured that you were the type of person to be leading in everything, keeping everyone in line. So we added the word 'Captain'. That's why we called you CJ." Mina explained.

Jihyo just nodded, although she thought their explanation was a bit complicated. She thought the name was cool though. "Sorry, the only thing we remembered about you was being the 'loyal thirdwheeler'." Momo told her.

Jihyo mentally cursed at Yoo Jeongyeon for making that as her introduction. "It's okay. But do you guys wanna sit with us in our table? So you know, I won't be a thirdwheeler?" She laughed. The three nodded to agree.

~~

"Eyy you guys are here! C'mon, sit with us." Jeongyeon gestured MoSaJiMi to join her and Nayeon.

"I can't believe I have to wait til the end of the schoolweek to get jokbal." Momo pouted. Sana rolled her eyes at her. Mina just quietly ate next to them. Nayeon chuckled. "The schoolweek flies by quickly. Believe me." She said.

Jihyo scoffed. "Probably because you're dating someone." She said. Jeongyeon stared at her. "Does it work that way?" She asked. Jihyo just shrugged.

"Well if that's the case, then for us, it's gonna be one hell of a long week." Momo said, almost bitterly. Jeongyeon was in shock. "Hold up, you guys aren't seeing anyone?" She asked. Nayeon slapped her girlfriend's shoulder for asking such a question.

"We're new here and we're not really interested. We're just trying to get to know everyone." Sana shrugged. "Really?" Jeongyeon asked. She looked at Mina.

"Not even this penguin here?" She added while pointing at Mina. All eyes turned to the girl who was busy dipping her fries on ketchup. She felt all their eyes on her. She looked at them. "Me?" She asked while pointing at herself.

"Are you interested in anyone here? Like maybe even a cub?" Nayeon indirectly asked. Mina furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Cub? Isn't that like a baby fox or something? Or a baby lion or any other carnivorous mammal?"

Nayeon blinked, not expecting that answer. Jeongyeon put her palm over her face. Sana and Momo didn't even know what she was talking about. On the other hand, Jihyo was amused. "Wow, she's smart. Do you have any plans on joining the Science Club?" She asked Mina.

Jeongyeon covered Jihyo's face with her not so clean hand to shut her up. "Save that for some other time, Jihyo." She said. Jihyo smacked the older girl's hand away, wiping her lips after tasting something disgusting from Jeong's hand.

"I'm guessing the food here taste even better than her hand, CJ?" Sana asked. Jihyo nodded. "Of course it does." She glared at Jeongyeon.

"Why do they call you 'CJ'?" Nayeon turned to Jihyo. "It's a long story." The girl with the loud voice answered. Nayeon just nodded.

Suddenly, something took them by surprise. By 'them', it only meant NaJeongJi. The one and only Son Chaeyoung sat at the table just right next to theirs. It was unusual because she and her friends usually sit at the other side of the room.

"What's wrong?" Momo asked, noticing how the 3 other girls looked so confused. 3mix continued to stare at Chaeyoung. A few seconds later, Tzuyu and Dahyun joined her. They were chatting but the girls on the other table can't really hear what they're saying.

"Is it because you guys are weirded out since they don't usually sit here?" Mina asked, almost like reading their minds, which she secretly was. 3mix looked at her in shock. "Uh yeah, how'd you know?" Jihyo asked, nearly terrified.

Mina wanted to play it cool, not wanting to get caught. She did her best to hide her nervousness. "Umm, lucky guess?" She answered. Luckily the couple and the thirdwheeler believed it.

"It's just weird. It's their first time sitting somewhere else cuz their table was always reserved for them ever since." Nayeon spoke. Jeongyeon grinned. "Well maybe the cub wanted a better view of the penguin."

~~

"Chae! There you are." Dahyun said as she joined her friend in their 'new' table. "OUR table is right there. Why'd you suddenly sit here?" Tzuyu asked.

Chaeyoung just shrugged. "Umm, I just felt like it. It's closer to the food. We can easily go there if we want more." She answered. The other 2 just shrugged and sat next to her, eating their food.

"You're very weird today, Chaeng." Tzuyu spoke up. Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow at her. "First, you save someone from getting hit by a ball. Second, you don't like sitting in our usual table anymore." Tzuyu pointed out.

"I'm not weird. Probably just spontaneous." The shorter girl explained. "You know that my mood is a very big influence to my art." She added. Dahyun stared at her in confusion. "What are you talking about?" She asked.

"What I'm saying is that I just wanna try something new." Chaeyoung said. Dahyun snorted at her friend's explanation or as what she likes to call it, an 'excuse'. "Sure you do..." She said. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at her.

Tzuyu looked around the cafeteria. She recognized someone from the other table. "Hey isn't that the girl you just saved?" Tzuyu asked Chaeyoung. On the other hand, Chaeng froze in her seat.

Dahyun looked at the same direction Tzuyu was looking at and then looked back at Chaeyoung. Her mouth opened in realization. Tzuyu seemed to notice it. "What's wrong with you?" She asked the eagle-like girl.

Dahyun just shook her head and smiled to herself. "Nothing." She replied.

~~

"They're staring at us." Jeongyeon stated while trying to look somewhere else, not wanting to let the 3 basketball players know she was also just staring at them. "Why are they staring?" Sana asked her.

"They must have been starstruck from my beauty!" Nayeon said, sounding like a desperate teenage girl who's always been wanting to be noticed by her crush. Jihyo looked at her weirdly.

"Your girlfriend is right next to you, you idiot." She scolded the girl. Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon who was also looking at her. "She's right." Jeong growled at her. Jihyo tried to hide a laugh, thinking like: "Ooh someone's sleeping on the couch tonight."

"Maybe they recognized Mina?" Momo said while munching on her food. "Me?" Mina asked the same way she did earlier.

Jeongyeon has never been so amused (apart from the situation that had just happened with her and her girlfriend). "Well, this is gonna be the start of a great school year."