9

"This is very complicated." Sana said as she tried to find another angle. It was only the second day of school and her Science teacher already gave them an assignment to make a scrapbook of trees from their school for some reason. It was due by the end of the week but she decided to start on it now.

She sacrificed her lunch for this. She was by the parking lot at the back of the school trying to get a shot of a tree. She looked at the other photos she's taken earlier. Most of them were blurred and some were okay but she wasn't satisfied.

Sana clicked her tongue in frustration. Maybe she was just hungry that's why she seems irritable right now. Now, she understands why Momo gets hangry. She just decided to give up.

She was about to go back inside the building when she bumped into someone. Well, not just bumped, she tripped on an imaginary rock and then she bumped into someone. What's worse is that the person she bumped into was holding a cup of hot chocolate and it spilled right over that person's shirt.

Sana gasped in surprise. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I'm naturally very clumsy but I know that's not an excuse." She quickly apologized. She panicked. She didn't know what to do. She froze when she saw who she just bumped into. It was one of the popular basketball girls. It was Chou Tzuyu.

Tzuyu didn't seem so surprised though. She just stood there in her spot. She looked at Sana who looked like a mess. She was stressed, hungry, frustrated, and guilty and it was all shown in her face. "That's hot." Tzuyu whispered, then her eyes shot wide when she realized what she'd just said.

"I mean, the chocolate is hot." She quickly 'corrected' herself. Now she was embarrassed. "I know. I just wasted your drink, your time, and I ruined your shirt." Sana said. She was so frustrated in herself. Could this day get any worse?

No, it was just the start of something better.

Sana started rubbing her arm on Tzuyu's shirt, trying to get rid of the stain. Tzuyu just laughed at her. "I think you're just making it worse." She said in the most gentle way possible.

Sana stopped rubbing on the stain. She looked down, even more embarrassed than before. She also didn't expect Tzuyu to sound so gentle to her. If she was honest, she would've thought Tzuyu would be so mad at her, considering that she has this public image.

"It's okay. The chocolate didn't even taste that good anyway." Tzuyu said while looking for a nearby trashcan. She spotted one about 3 meters away from them. She didn't move from her spot and just threw the empty cup just like how she would shoot a basketball.

It perfectly shot inside the bin. Sana jaw's dropped. The girl was definitely good at what she does. Tzuyu looked at Sana who had an impressed look on her face. She giggled. "Oh I play basketball by the way." Tzuyu said while showing her the letterman jacket she was wearing with their school logo.

"I know." Sana told her. "Y-You do?" Tzuyu asked back, thinking that people didn't find it obvious. "Yeah, I mean, aren't you guys the cool, popular kids here?" Sana said. "Ahh." Tzuyu nodded, knowing what she was talking about.

Tzuyu held out her hand and introduced herself. "Just in case you didn't know, I'm Chou Tzuyu." She flashed her a smile, showing her dimple. Sana found it charming and adorable. She took Tzuyu's hand and shook it. "I'm Sana. Kanai Sana."

"Kanai Sana..." Tzuyu repeated and stared at the girl, like she was memorizing her features. "Oh wait you're the sister of the girl who my teammate almost hit yesterday." She said, realizing who she was.

Sana just nodded. "I'm really sorry about my friend. She's our youngest, she's very hard to deal with at times." Tzuyu apologized in behalf of her teammate. "No it's okay. My sister's fine." Sana told her.

Tzuyu looked around the place. No one was there except for the two of them because everyone else was in the cafeteria, eating. "So what were you up to here? It's lunch time. Have you eaten?" Tzuyu asked, hinting a little bit of concern in her voice.

Sana just shook her head. Tzuyu tilted her head in confusion. "Why not?" She asked. "Um I was busy doing an assignment." Sana told her. Tzuyu didn't expect that kind of answer. "It's only been the second day of school and they already gave you a homework?" She asked. Sana just nodded sadly.

"What about you? What were you up to here?" Sana asked the taller girl. Tzuyu hummed. "I usually go here when I want some peace and quiet and time for myself." She replied back. "Ohh." Sana reacted.

"Then I'll leave you alone here now." She said and was about to leave. "No wait..." Tzuyu quickly grabbed the other girl's arm. "I guess I could use some company." She said. Sana was confused. Out of all the people who could keep her company, did it have to be her?

It could've been her other friends and teammates but how come she chose her? "Me?" Sana asked. Tzuyu nodded her head. "Yeah, I mean, you're here already." She stated. Tzuyu held out her hand for Sana to take.

"C'mon, I just bought some takeouts. Let's eat." She said. Sana looked at her questioningly, but took her hand anyways. "You ordered food outside from school?" She asked. Tzuyu nodded. "Yeah, I called for a delivery a while ago. I would do these if I don't feel like eating the food here."

Tzuyu led them to her car and took the takeouts from inside her car. "You want a burger?" She asked, offering her the food. Sana nodded and took the food. "Thanks." She mumbled.

She took a bite from her food and happily munched on it. Tzuyu stared at her in awe. She saw some sauce left on the corner of Sana's mouth. She wiped it using her thumb and tasted the sauce.

Sana turned red just right after that. "Sorry." She apologized. "Don't be." Tzuyu whispered to her. "Why aren't you eating?" Sana asked her. "I just did." Tzuyu simply replied.

"Can I ask?" Sana asked. Tzuyu laughed, like basically telling you to be ready with her savageness. "You already did." She said. Sana glared at her. Tzuyu smiled, she thought it was cute. It reminded her of an angry shiba inu. "Sorry, go on." She said, letting Sana speak.

"Why are you talking to me?" Sana asked, almost straightforwardly. "Why? What's wrong with it?" Tzuyu asked back. Sana shook her head. "Nothing, really. But aren't you guys called the 'Unbothered' because you never talk to people outside your team?" She asked.

"Ahh, that image." Tzuyu muttered. 'Screw that image.' She thought. "Well, maybe it's time for a change." She told her. She took the burger wrapper Sana was holding and perfectly shot it inside the trashcan, just like what she did with her cup. She didn't know why she wanted to flex her basketball skills.

"You're really good." Sana told her. Tzuyu smiled at the compliment. "Thank you." Each time Tzuyu smiles, it's like the world becomes a brighter place. Not to mention that her dimple was a turn on for her. That was when Sana realized what she's been doing. She wasn't supposed to be involved with a lot of people.

"Umm, I have to go." She said. Tzuyu was disappointed that Sana had to leave, but she didn't want to show it. "Already?" She asked. "Yeah, I have to go look for my sisters." Sana said.

Tzuyu just nodded. "Okay." Sana didn't know why, but she felt like holding Tzuyu's hand. So, she did. "Sorry about your shirt." She apologized to her again. "It's fine, I have a lot of extra shirts in my bag." Tzuyu told her. Sana nodded, of course, she was a basketball player after all.

"Oh yeah and thank you for the food." Sana thanked her, while still holding Tzuyu's hands. Tzuyu smiled at her. 'There she goes again.' Sana thought. "No problem. It was nice talking to you, Sana." Tzuyu said. "You too, Tzuyu." Sana said and she let go of their hands so she can wave at her. "Bye."

"Bye." Tzuyu waved back at her before Sana left to go back inside.