15

"No wonder we barely see you guys now." Nayeon spoke while munching on her chicken. And of course, being the mother and leader of the group, Jihyo scolded her by saying to finish chewing before talking.

"Yeah you guys are busy flirting with those basketball players." Jeongyeon said, sipping on her drink. Jihyo raised an eyebrow at the older girl. "You're saying that like you weren't one before." She said.

Momo, Sana, and Mina looked at them curiously after hearing what Jihyo said. "You were a basketball player too?" Sana asked Jeongyeon. The girl hummed, thinking how to answer that question.

"I used to play with your girlfriends in the school's Girls Basketball Team, but I quit this year." She answered. They felt their hearts flutter after Jeongyeon mentioned the word 'girlfriends', even though it wasn't even true. But then, they also wondered why she quit.

"Why'd you quit?" Mina asked her. Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon then back at the three curious girls. "Nayeon told me to pick between her and basketball, and although it was immature of her to do that..." She glanced back at her girl who playfully rolled her eyes.

"I still picked her anyways. I miss b-ball but then I don't mind not playing." She told them. The couple smiled and looked at each other lovingly. Momo, Sana, and Mina watched them in awe. Obviously, there has to be a bitter one.

Jihyo rolled her eyes and gagged after watching the two. The rest of them just laughed at her for being annoyed and bitter. Sometimes 2yeon wonders how Jihyo lasted how many years being their third wheeler.

Well, what can you expect? God Jihyo's power is strong.

"Amen." The three Japanese girls mumbled before they went back to eating, not minding the weird stares they got from the other 3, especially Jihyo.

~~

"You guys received flowers?" Nayeon asked after the Japanese girls opened up that topic. "And they weren't from either Dahyun, Chaeyoung, or Tzuyu?" Jihyo joined in their convo. The J-Line shook their heads as a response.

"Did they say who they were?" Nayeon asked again. Once again, they shook their heads. "We only know their initials." Momo told them. Jeongyeon scoffed and told them. "We can't easily trust those initials."

"First of all, there are lots of people with that specific initials. You get me right?" Jeongyeon asked before continuing. They gave her a thumbs up, saying they understood what she was trying to say.

"Also, it's not necessarily that they go to school here, they could be an outsider or just a random stranger." She added. "And last, it could be a scam, no offense. It might not be their real name."

What Jeongyeon said made sense to them. She analyzed that thing like it was her homework. Nayeon and Jihyo were surprised that some things like that can come out of Jeongyeon's mouth. It almost felt like she spoke out of experience. But, they didn't want to go to that lane cuz Nayeon was there. If it was true, she could've taken it the wrong way.

"At least thank them by taking the flowers home. Just wait for it to die." Jihyo said, maybe slightly envious that the girls have some secret admirers. Nayeon giggled at how obvious Jihyo was. She thought that maybe she should help her with her love life so she won't end up single forever.

"Yeah, if this continues more than 2 times, you can tell us about it and maybe we can investigate." Nayeon grinned at them, showing her adorable bunny teeth. MoSaMi thanked them for their help.

"I'm going to get more food." Sana stood up while getting her tray. Mina did the same and followed her. "Me too." She said. Momo quickly stopped them before they left. "Get me more food too." She begged them.

Both girls refused to. "Why don't you just come with us and get it yourself?" Mina asked her. Momo eventually gave up, knowing that begging even more was useless. She can't win an argument against the younger girl.

"Fine." She now stood up and got her tray. The three girls excused themselves before leaving.

Meanwhile with 3mix...

"Guys..." Jeongyeon spoke just right after the J-line left to get food. "Yeah?" Both Nayeon and Jihyo asked at the same time.

"The School Meal Club really needs to up their game." Jeongyeon said and the two nodded to agree with her.

______________

If you guys are curious to who were those guys who sent J-line the flowers, the clue is the one written on the note. Those were song lyrics of different songs from this specific KPOP boy group.

Those are the initials of some of the members of that boy group. Let's see if you guys guessed it right. (As of now, one person already got it right. Hi you! You know who you are. I just replied to you hehe).

If you already knew because you checked the comments, it's fine. At least you won't have to worry about not knowing haha.

Anyways, just laying it out there. They aren't that important in the story tbh.

Take care and keep safe everyone!

- jewelofsatzu