.8

-It's been almost a month now, c'mon.
-Yeah, and nothing changed in these four weeks.
-Because you don't want anything to change!
-What?!
-Explain to me why every damn weekend I came down to London to see Sienna you've always been too busy to spend time with us or to even talk to me. It's so stupid, Perrie. If you don't want for us to be together, just say it.
-It would be that easy for you, would it?
-Of course it wouldn't, don't make me look like I'm the one who wants to end things because I really am not.
-Well, you'll just have to wait then.

Perrie sighed down the phone.

-Listen, I know I've been busy but I never invented excuses not to see you or not talk to you. I do want things to work out, I just think it will take us time and we both need to be patient.
-Time? I feel like every moment we spend apart we drift away from each other a little bit more...
-Don't say that.
-I don't need time, Pez. I know that I love you and I want to be with you and Sienna every second. How did we even end up like this anyway? What I said whilst you were on tour... it just blown out of proportion! I think there's something more that you're not telling m...
-Alex, I've... I've gotta go. I promise you we'll talk on Thursday when I'll bring Sienna to your place. Are you sure you can have her until Monday whilst I'm in Italy?
-Sure, my mum is coming up to stay with us, it will be fine. I'll see you on Thursday then, I guess.

[Thursday.]
'Are you happy to stay with daddy for a few days?'
'Yes! But I want you to come with me too.' Sienna pouted in her car seat crossing her arms.
'I know baby but mama has to work. Nanny is gonna be there too, I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun and you won't even miss me!'
'I always miss you when you work. I miss daddy too. When are we going home?'
'What do you mean?'
'When are we going home with daddy and Otis and Leo and Travis? I don't like the house in London. I like my bedroom in Manchester.'
Perrie tried to change the subject, not knowing what to answer her daughter. 'You never sleep in your room anyway!' She parked the car in the drive. 'Right, we're here. Go and ring the bell whilst I get your bag. Don't forget your doll and the picture you made daddy.'
Sienna run to the door where Alex was already waiting for her. The both went inside, followed by Perrie a few moments after.
Alex looked at his wife: she was beautiful. He thought she was flawless without even trying.
'Alex?'
'Yeah?'
'I asked you a question?'
'Sorry. I'm sorry, wasn't paying attention.'
'I asked you if that's alright for me to stay for dinner. Sienna was telling me in the car how much she misses us three spending time together and it broke my heart.'
'Of course you can stay. This is your home, will always be.'
He really hoped that was gonna be the night to put and end to all that nonsense.

'How can we go for a month without talking to each other but we can't stay in the same room for an hour before we end up in bed together?'
'It's been five hours actually.' Perrie smiled but could tell Alex was slightly annoyed. She knew he was right: they had dinner that night, them and their daughter. Sienna then fell asleep watching a movie and it didn't take Alex and Perrie long before they found themselves in their bed.
Together.
Naked.
'Are you gonna tell me what's actually going on?' Alex sat up on the bed and looked at Perrie in the eyes.
She took a deep breath. 'Alex, I love you. You know I do. I've had a lot of time to think about us. The truth is that I'm not mad because of what you said. I'm mad because you're right. I'm so caught up in my job, you, Sienna... I started to struggle but I didn't want to let anyone down, especially you. I feel so pressured to be perfect all the time.'
'I didn't know you felt this way. I'm sorry.'
'It's not your fault.' Perrie's eyes filled with tears. 'As it's not my fault what happened after.'
Alex was confused now. 'Wait, what are you talking about? I'm lost.'
'During this last month we spent apart, I've been feeling so much better. I feel like I'm slowly finding myself again. And before you jump to conclusions, I missed you. I missed you terribly but I think we should still take our time.'
'And what? Pretend everything is fine in front of Sienna every weekend? Have sex when we see each other but never talk? For how long? How is this gonna help us?'
'It would be a good excuse to get to know each other once again. Re-discover each other and appreciate again one another. We can go on dates, spend time together without pressure, have fun.'
'We're married, we can't do this everytime things get tough.' Alex sighed. 'I don't know if that'll be enough for me.'
'I'm sorry but this is all I can offer you right now.'
Alex sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. 'I think you should go.'

[Morning people x Today is a bit of a weird day for me as it's the anniversary of something I'd rather forget! I thought I'd update because your comments and votes bring a smile on my face everytime so please show me some love lol Have a nice day xx]