.34

Part 2.
Alex's expression kept changing. 'Hang on. I'm really confused right now.'
Sienna copied her dad's expression. 'Yeah, and me too.'
Perrie rolled her eyes. 'Si-si, mummy and daddy really need to talk.'
'But I want to stay with you.'
'What about...' She tried to think of something to distract the little girl. '...what about you go and have a look in mummy's bedroom and choose some nail varnish so I can paint your nails before you go to bed?' Sienna smiled excited and wriggled out of Alex's arms. 'Try not to make too much mess.'
Alex and Perrie went to sit in the living room as soon as Sienna had gone upstairs.
'So, can you actually tell me what's going on?'
'Oh my God, Alex! I'm pregnant.'
'Are you sure? Like... officially?'
'Yes, officially. I'm no Jenny babe, I know how to do a pregnancy test.'
'Well, that's great news then!' Alex was now as excited as Sienna at the idea of having her nails painted. He hugged Perrie and kissed her on the lips. 'When did you find out?'
'This morning. Leigh convinced me to do it.'
'Have you not been feeling well then?'
'No, not really. I was just late.'
'How late?'
Perrie hesitated. 'Ehm... almost two months.'
'What? And why didn't you tell me? Wait, how is it possible? Two months ago we were in Paris and when we came back you told me you were due.'
'Yeah, because I wasn't feeling well and I just put it down to my period but then I never came on.'
'And in these last two months you never thought that maybe you could have been pregnant?'
'Not at all. I just thought I was late because I was stressed and then I forgot about it. It wouldn't have been the first time.'
Alex laughed, unable to hide his happiness. 'Unbelievable. You know how long I've been wanting this. Our family will finally be complete.' Alex put his hand on Perrie's stomach. He then took a more attentive look at Perrie's face and noticed she wasn't as thrilled as him. 'But you clearly don't see it like that.'
'It's not that. It just doesn't feel real yet.'
'And?'
'And... I don't want to upset you Alex, but how are we gonna cope with all this? This pregnancy came at a really bad time.'
'Don't say that. It's our child you're talking about.'
'Exactly. It's our child... children, I'm worried about. I think you should start facing the reality too, babe. I know you don't want to hear it, but what are we gonna do? You're gonna have two babies from two different women practically at the same time. That is not going to work! Someone'll end up upset and hurt. Me and Jenny, we're never gonna see eye to eye: we'll both fight for our children to have the best and you'll find yourself in the middle.'
'I don't want to see it like that. You both should just put your differences aside and work in the best interest of your babies.'
'Easier said than done.'
'I know and don't get me wrong, I would lie if I said I wasn't worried about time management and, yeah, you and Jenny. I love you, we survived everything up to this point, we're gonna manage this too.'
'I love how positive you are but it still gonna take me some time to get my head round it.'
Alex stroke the back of Perrie's hand. 'This... us, Sienna, another baby. That's what I've always wanted. I wish it was what you wanted too.'
'It is. Just... not now. I didn't want a second baby yet anyway, and you know that. This whole Jenny situation is just not helping, that's all.'

'Mama, I want the pink one.'
'Okay then. Come and sit down.'
The two girls sat in the floor in the living room. Perrie unscrewed the top of her nail polish and started to paint Sienna's nails. Alex, sat on the sofa, was watching football on tv.
'Do you know goats can burp?'
'Lovely. That's what I've always wanted to know.'
'Daisy told me.'
'How does Daisy know?'
'Because she went to the farm yesterday with her big sister. Can you buy a goat?'
'I'm sure people can buy goats, but to answer you question, no. I cannot buy a goat, nor I'd want to.'
'But why! You never buy the animals I like.'
'Sienna, we've got four doggies! You don't need any more animals.'
'A bunny rabbit?'
'A bunny rabbit is still an animal. Maybe one day, now we can't really look after a bunny sweetheart.'
'When?'
'I don't know. Ask Santa, he might give you a better answer.'
'Can daddy's friend get me a bunny rabbit and a goat?'
'Who, Jenny?'
'Yes.'
'She just works at the farm, it's not hers. She doesn't own the animals.'
'She can steal them for me and hide them and give them to me.'
'Stealing is really wrong. And if I remember correctly, last time you saw her you called her a liar and told her she wasn't your friend anymore. What makes you think she'd want to steal a goat for you?!'
'Because I want a goat! She told a lie because she wanted to be your friend. If she gets me a goat she can be my friend again.'
'It doesn't work like that I'm afraid.'
'Are you her friend now?'
'Ehm, not exactly. You're too little to understand.'
'No! I'm a big girl. You can tell me big girl's things.'
'Nope. This is way much bigger than you.'
'Do you remember when she made you cry?'
'I told you she didn't mean to but yes, why?'
'Because when me and Daisy fight, yeah? If she says something bad to me, then I say something bad to her and we both cry. Did you make her sad to?'
'Maybe a little bit.'
'And did you say sorry to her?'
Alex turned the tv off as the football match came to an end. 'Your mummy is not very good at apologies.'
'Because I'm barely ever wrong so I'm not used to it. Your daddy, on the other hand...'
They both started to laugh and mimic each other.
'Right, your nails are done. Time for bed.'
'No wait, I've got one more question.'
'Go on then. Last one!'
'How do babies get in their mummy's tummy?'
'Oh, I'm surprised Daisy didn't explain that to you already.'
'How did Lee-lee's baby get in her tummy? And daddy's friend? And how did I get in your tummy and how did I come out?'
'Whoa. We said one question, not a hundred. Anyway, you should ask your daddy. He's an expert on the subject.'
'Is the bunny rabbit lady the lady who is having a baby, daddy?'
'Yes, she is.'
'See mummy, that lady can have bunnies, goats and a baby and you won't even let me chose one!'
'Well, I think you won't have to wait for long to have at least one of those things. You just have to be patient. But for now, it's bedtime!'

[Hi everyone :) How are you all doing? Are you enjoying the weekend? ;)
New chapter... you were all right, Perrie is having another baby! Alex took it well lol He's gonna have his hands full though haha
What is going to happen with this Alex-Perrie-Jenny triangle now... Let me know what you think ;)
Hope you enjoy ;) love to everyone xxx
P.s have you seen all the cute Alerrie holiday pictures? They make my heart explode, I love them too much xxx]