.26

[Sunday afternoon.] Part 2.
Perrie walked back in the kitchen, looking a bit calmer. 'I'm sorry about what happened. She's not always in such a bad mood, I promise.'
'It's okay, I get it. It's hard for grown ups to deal with certain emotions, I can only imagine what's it like for a small child.'
'Yeah, exactly.' Perrie looked down. 'Also, sorry about what she said. I never told her I was sad because of you, she just...'
'You don't have to justify yourself. I wouldn't blame you if you did anyway.'
She sat back down on her chair when Jenny and Alex glanced at each other.
Perrie waited for a couple of moments for one of them to say something.
'So?' She broke the silence.
'We were just exploring options.' Alex said leaning back on his chair.
'What are these options then?'
Alex continued. 'I know no one agrees with me, but I think that co-parenting would work just fine. We can help you financially and support you all the way through the pregnancy. I know you've got nothing but my word, but I swear I would be involved into this child's life. We can have it put in writing if you want.'
'It's not that Alex... it would be weird, and awkward. What would you tell people? Your family, friends? I mean, your daughter already hates me.'
Alex's voice started to shake. 'I know it would be awkward, but I made a mistake and I'm gonna owe to it. We can make it work, if we're all on board. I know it's your call, but I want to make things right and this doesn't feel right.'
Jenny looked outside through the window to avoid eye contact with the couple. Perrie reached for Alex's hand under the table. Jenny then slowly started to talk.
'What's the next step then?'
Perrie and Alex looked at her in disbelief. 'What do you mean?'
'What do I do next? Will I need a doctor, or...'
Jenny and Alex were now looking at Perrie. She felt her whole body burning.
'You j... you just call your doctor and say you're pregnant. A midwife will then call you and you go from there.'
Alex squeezed Perrie's hand, struggling to imagine how she felt in that moment, but she let go of him.
Jenny stood up and put on her denim jacket. 'I'll call first thing tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what they say but please... I need some space.'
'Of course. We'll wait for you to reach out to us.' Alex walked her to the door.
'Thank you for dinner. It was lovely.'
'My pleasure.' Perrie didn't even wait for the door to close before walking upstairs into her office.
She took a couple of deep breaths as she felt her anxiety growing. She took her phone out of her pocket and opened her group chat with her bestfriends.

Perrie
<<I don't know what the fuck happened, but she changed her mind.>>
Jesy
<<What the actual fuck! I thought she said she didn't want it.>>
Leigh-Anne
<<Oh my God!!! Are you alright babe? xxxxx>>
Perrie
<<I'm not alright, no. I know I said I was on Alex's side, but deep down I was relieved by the fact she didn't want this baby. Now she suddenly changed her mind and it's all getting real and I don't know what to do.>>
Jade
<<Baby, I'm so sorry. If there's anyone strong enough to deal with this situation, that's you xxxx>>
Jesy
<<Have you talked to Alex?>>
Perrie
<<Not yet. She just left and I locked myself in my office. I need a minute by myself.>>
Leigh-Anne
<<Don't blame you. This is all so surreal.>>
Jade
<<What happened then? How come she changed her mind?!>>
Perrie
<<That's what I don't understand! She was sure as hell yesterday when she told me she wasn't gonna keep it. Then today was a total disaster, and I mean it! Sienna put up a big scene which I feel so guilty about, and the next thing I know, she changed her mind and she want to have the baby.>>
Jesy
<<Is it me or this girl has just got a really weird vibe?>>
Perrie
<<She really does Jes. I just can't read her. She doesn't show anything. No emotions, whatsoever.>>
Perrie
<<I don't know if she changed her mind because of money, because she still wants to get to Alex... I don't know.>>
Perrie
<<Anyway girls, I just wanted you to be the first to know because I'm gonna need all your support not to go mental, but I need some time to come to terms with it. I'll message you later xxxx Love you all lots xxx>>
Leigh-Anne
<<Call whenever you need babe xxxx Love you xxxxx>>
Jesy
<<You know where to find us if you need us xxxxx>>
Jade
<<Love you xxxx We'll help you through it, promise xxxx>>

Perrie came out of her office and walked straight into her daughter's room. She sat onto her bed, where Sienna was playing with her Barbies.
'What are you playing with baby girl?'
'This Barbie is Elsa and this Barbie is Rapunzel and they're going to a party.'
Perrie smiled. 'That sounds like good fun.'
'Are you still cross with me mama?'
'No baby, I'm not. And I'm sorry for being angry. Sometimes grown up do and say silly things. I was sad and angry for other reasons and I got mad at you for no reason, really.'
'I'm sorry for being naughty and peeing on the carpet. And I'm sorry for being rude to that lady but I thought she wasn't nice to you.'
'That's okay. I promise you I won't shout at you again.'
Sienna went to hug her mum, who held her tight. Perrie knew she couldn't let Sienna see her crying again, although crying was the only thing she wanted to do in that moment.
Alex walked upstairs despite knowing his wife would need some time alone. He walked past Sienna's room and saw that mother-daughter heart warming moment and started to wonder.

Was he doing the right thing?

[Hi everyone :) As promised, here's the other chapter!
So, Jenny changed her mind now... poor Perrie doesn't know what she got herself into lol
I don't want to say too much because I know I'm gonna spoiler something haha
Let me know what you think xxx Enjoy :)]