.19

'I didn't like any of those places.'
Alex laughed. 'Liar.'
'I just don't see the point in sending her to nursery. She will start school next year, can't we just wait?'
'We could, but she needs to spend some time with other children before that happens. And...'
Perrie sighed and rolled her eyes knowing what Alex was going to say. 'Go on, just say it.'
Alex laughed before continuing. 'And, she needs to get used to not been around you all the time. You lived in symbiosis for the past three years.'
'I know, it's bad...' Perrie finished wiping down the kitchen counter before putting the plates on the table.
Alex filled up a glass with water and sat down in front of his lunch. 'It's not bad babe, you two have the best bond but I'm just thinking that she might struggle when she'll start school. It will do you some good as well.'
'Mama, daddy! I made a big big tower! Come and see!' Sienna tugged one her mother's trousers.
'Lunch is ready Si-si. Sit down and eat and when we're all done you can show us your tower.'
'No, now!' Sienna shouted.
'Actually Si-si, mummy and daddy need to talk to you. Sit here next to me.'
Perrie couldn't help but thinking that yes, her and her daughter never spent a lot of time away from each other and they had an incredible bond, but Alex always had a calming effect on Sienna, who hang on his every word.
Sienna sat next to Alex and started nibbling her sandwich.
'We want to know what do you think about all the places we've seen today.'
'The schools?'
'Yes, the nurseries.'
'I like the one with the big garden and the pink buggies for the dollies.'
'Did you like the ladies who worked there?'
'I don't know. I don't want to go to nursery school.'
Alex looked at Perrie and she understood they both needed to be on the same page for it to work.
'Why not? You would have a wonderful time with all the other children and you would make lots of new friends and play with all the toys.'
'They also do lots of painting and drawings. You love all those things.'
'But I love staying at home with mummy and daddy.'
'It would be just for a couple of days a week and not all day, promised.'
'But what if I miss you when I'm at nursery school?'
Perrie tried not to choke on her words. 'Mummy and daddy would miss you too but it's okay because we know we would see you soon. You would have so much fun that you wouldn't miss us anyway.'
'Okay but I want to go in the one with the big garden.'
Alex smiled seeing how easy was convincing his daughter and was relieved seeing that Perrie was finally starting to understand it was for Sienna's sake.

'Do you feel better now that you know she wants to go?'
Alex and Perrie sat on the sofa after lunch. Football was on tv and Sienna was still building her very tall towers.
'She doesn't want to go. She's just saying it because you said you want her to go. She's such a people pleaser!'
Alex grabbed Perrie's hand and kissed it. 'I wish I could say the same about you.' He continued ironically.
'Alright, we're gonna give it a go. But she's not going if one of us has got a day off.'
'Okay...'
'And you'll have to come with me to drop her off for at least the first three weeks because I'm going to cry otherwise.'
'I knew you were going to say that!' They both laughed.
'And...'
'What, is there more?!'
'Actually, yes. The deal was that if I agreed to send Sienna to nursery, we would go to therapy.'
Alex raised his eyebrows. 'Oh don't you start with this story again. We don't need it anymore. Things are going great.'
'Alex, please! It would really help us out. Our problems as a couple are still there, we're just pushing them back but they'll come back to hunt us at some point and I worry about it. Can we just go a couple of times and see if it actually helps?'
Alex sighed loudly. 'I'll do it... just because I love you and I don't like when you worry. I just think it's gonna be weird sitting in front of a stranger and talk about our problems.'
'Not being funny, but you didn't find weird talking about our problems with that girl. And sleeping with her...'
'As the days go on I'm more and more convinced I didn't actually have sex with her.'
'Save it for the therapist. She will love your stories.'
'She? Why does it have to be a woman?'
Perrie shrugged. 'I don't know, I'd feel more comfortable with a woman I think.'
'Just a heads up, the therapist will agree with me that...
'Here we go again!'
'...that having another baby is a good idea and will make our family stronger.'
'You spent the last seven days trying to convince me to separate from my first born and now you're trying to persuade me into having another baby. You make no sense at all babe.'
'It makes lots of sense actually. Sienna would love a sibling and I would love a son. I don't know, I see you and Sienna and these amazing things you've got in common and I love you both so much, but sometimes I feel a bit left out and think I could have all that too if we had a boy.'
During the last year, Perrie had forgotten how sensible and sweet Alex was. 'Babe, that's so sweet and you would be the best role model for a little boy, just like you are for Sienna. I just think we shouldn't rush things, not now.'
'No, I get it. The right time will come.'

[Hello lovely people 😊 I've decided to give you a break from drama and give you another 'happy Alerrie' chapter 😂 It's not really relevant for the story (although everything in this story is relevant in the big picture lol) but I enjoyed writing it and I'm hoping you'll enjoy it too😊💓 let me know what you think xxx Love to everyone 💓]