.39

Thursday.
Alex.
'Still nothing?'
'Nope.'
'And Perrie?'
'She still doesn't know anything and I'm planning onto keeping it that way.'
'Until...?'
'Until we get the results. We still haven't done it yet.'
'What are you waiting for?! Isn't this driving you insane?'
'Insane? Insane is an understatement! I need to know, Matt. I need to know now. She told me she was going to talk to her doctor before doing anything. She had her appointment today.'
Matt was curious. 'How would it work?'
'I did some research, there's different kind of tests we can do. One is a sort of injection in her belly; the other is much easier, like a blood test.'
'Is she definitely going to do it then?'
Alex sighed. 'That's what she said. I'll wait for her to call me tonight to tell me what she's decided.'

*Flashback*

Monday.
'We need to talk.'
'Alex! I wasn't expecting you here.'
'Is he here?'
Alex walked into Jenny's house without waiting for her to invite him in. Jenny rolled her eyes and shut the front door.
'Here we go again. You and your wife need a life. Don't you have better things to think about?! You've got two careers and two children to worry about, stop thinking about my love life.'
'I asked you, is he here?' Alex's voice was harsh.
'Sit down.' Jenny sat on the sofa and invited Alex to join her.
He remained up and asked her again. 'I don't want to sit down. I want to know what's going on.'
'Oh my God.' Jenny got annoyed and started raising her voice. 'We're together, yes. Is that what you wanted to hear? Are you happy now? What does that have to do with you?!'
'I want to hear the truth, Jenny. When did you meet him?'
'I've been knowing him for a while.'
'Were you together when... me and you...'
'Of course not. I'm not that kind of girl, Alex. I would've never slept with you if I was with him.'
Alex felt bad making assumptions, but still needed answers. 'Sorry, you know what I meant.'
'We've been together for about a year before we broke up. Just after I found out I was pregnant, we got talking again and realised we still love each other.'
'And what does he think about the fact that you're having a child with someone else?'
'That's our problem, not yours. He's clearly fine with it, don't you think?'
'I find it hard to believe it, to be completely honest with you.'
'Oh sorry, I forgot you and your wife are the only perfect people in this world, the only ones able to forgive and love and be compassionate.'
'Can you keep Perrie out of this please? This has nothing to do with her.'
'It does, indeed. Isn't she the one who put in your head this idea that the baby isn't yours?'
'She didn't put any idea in my head. I never wanted to believe her, and you know that very well. But I'm starting to change my mind.'
'And what made you change your mind? Let's hear it.'
'My friends' saw you with him a few days ago and someone told them you are having a baby together.'
'People talk without knowing what they're talking about. I've never told anyone I was pregnant, let go who's baby is it! They saw us together, they probably assumed the baby is his.'
The pair remained silent for a while.
Alex knew what Jenny was saying made sense, but still wasn't convinced.
'Is that all you wanted to know?'
'I don't know, Jenny. I don't want to offend you or...'
'Just say it, Alex.'
'Maybe we should do a DNA test.'
'What if I didn't want to?'
'If you've got nothing to hide why would you refuse to do it?'
'If you don't want to do this anymore, Alex, just say it. We don't need to put on this big scene.'
'That's not what I want, and you know that, but seen how things are going... I don't think I can do it if I'm not certain she's mine. I don't want to do it, but if you refuse the test I'll have to call my attorney.'
Jenny became nervous. 'All this... this is ridiculous. I'll have to... I'll have to think about it. I'll talk to my doctor first, anyway. And if I have to be honest, I don't appreciate being treated this way.'
'I'm willing to wait, Jenny, but I won't be this patient forever.'

*Flashback ends*

'Surely you'll have to tell Perrie at some point.'
'I'm starting to think I should have told her right away, when I went to see Jenny on Monday.'
'You didn't think it through, did you?'
'There's too many people involved, Matt. It's impossible to make everyone happy. She's not stupid though, she knows I'm onto something and I can't keep on hiding it from her.'
'I think you don't want to tell her because she still doesn't want to tell you what's going on with the baby.'
'That, yes... but I'm also scared, Matt. She knows something's happening already and she's really not happy about it. What if we find out the baby's not mine and she goes mad because I didn't believe her? And what if we find out the baby is actually mine and Perrie doesn't react well to that?'
'What if Jenny decides not to do the test and calls Perrie to tell her what's going on?'
'I didn't think of that. Shit. I need to talk to Jenny tonight and sort this out.'

Perrie 3.46pm
<<Can you call me around 6 tonight? I'm really busy today but really want to talk to Sienna x And to you... we've been so busy winding each other up in the last few days, I'm so fed up with it :( I love you but we need to stop playing games, we only hurt each other and no one else. I'll speak to you later, bye babe xx>>

Jenny 4.15pm
<<Can you come over to mine tonight? 6 o'clock? I need to talk to you.>>

[Hello everyone :) I was planning on updating tomorrow but couldn't wait lol
Alex finally asked for the DNA test! Are they actually going to do it though? And what is Alex gonna do at six o'clock? Lol
Big announcement: the next two chapters will be the last two!
I'm gonna miss writing this book so much but I'm really happy with how the last chapters came out so I'm excited for you all to read them :)
Peace and love to everyone xxx]