.30

[Wednesday.]
'Are you coming to Sienna's parents meeting then?'
'When is it again?'
'On Friday. We're booked for 3.30.'
'Why so early?'
'Can you come or not?'
'Yes, I'll come.'
'Will you have to go back at work after?'
'Can you get straight to the point Perrie?'
'I'll have to go to London for the weekend. Can you keep Sienna here or do you want her to come with me?'
'Can you take her with you?'
'I'd rather not.'
'You answered for me then. I'll see if my mum can come over for the weekend.'
The tension could have been cut with a knife. Perrie and Alex had barely talked to each other for the last two days and they both didn't miss a chance to get on each other's nerves.
Perrie sighed. She didn't want to give him any explanation but she still did it, for Sienna's sake. 'I don't want to take her with me because she saw us arguing the other day. She'll start thinking that we're moving back there and I don't want to upset her.'
'That's fine. I already said I'll look after her.'
Perrie wanted to answer back that it wasn't going to be Alex the one looking after their daughter and that he needed to sort out his priorities if he wanted to cope with this other baby on the way. She instead bit her tongue and left the room to go and get Sienna ready for bed. She bathed her and tucked her in.
'Goodnight mama. Love you. And tell daddy I love him too.'
'I will, sweet dreams princess.'
Perrie carefully closed Sienna's bedroom door and walked downstairs to the living room, where Alex was watching tv. As soon as she entered the room, Alex turned the tv off and stood up to walk away.
'Alex, would you stop!'
'Stop what? I didn't do anything.'
'Exactly!'
'What do you want me to do, Perrie? Whatever I do, whatever I say, it's never the right thing!'
'Well, I guess it goes for the both of us then. Listen, I'm sorry, I should've talked to you before turning up at her place like that, but I stand by my idea that something's not right.'
'Based on what?! Babe, I know this is crazy and these kind of things happen just in the movies, but it happened to us. Yes, it's my fault, yes, you didn't ask for it, but we are in it. I've been trying my best to make sure I both take care of this baby and protect you and Sienna but you just see what you want to see and I'm starting to get fed up with it. I don't know what else to do.'
'You win some and you lose some, Alex. You have to take responsibility for your actions. I accepted to stay by your side but you can't pretend for me to be happy about it.'
'I'm not asking you to be happy about it, just not to be acting all mad about stupid things. She's having her scan next week and she doesn't even want to talk to us because you're being paranoid about thing.'
Perrie rolled her eyes. 'She'll change her mind. Guarantee she'll call you straight after the scan.'
'I hope so, but what if she doesn't? We were supposed to tell Sienna and our families after that.'
'Yeah... talking about it. Alex...'
'What now.'
'I don't want Sienna to know.' Perrie spat out all at once, knowing she was going to get a nasty reaction.
'We agreed we were gonna do it once we had the scan.'
'I'm not sure it's a good idea anymore.'
'If this is another stance against Jenny...'
'No it's not. Actually, none of this is. I'm being serious Alex. She's three years old, she's not gonna understand what's going on. She would be so confused and then what if... never mind, I made my decision. I can compromise about everything else, but not my daughter's welfare. She's my priority right now, and it should be the same for you.'
Alex shook his head and smirked. 'I bet you would change your mind again if we did that dna test.'
Perrie sighed and looked away, without saying anything.
'I knew it! You're unbelievable Perrie!'
'I'm sorry but yeah, that would change things. How would you explain to her that one day she's having a half-sibling and the they after that sibling is not actually related to her?!'
'You can't be serious. She wouldn't lie about something like this. She knows I want to be involved in this child's life, she couldn't hide the fact the I'm not the father once the baby is born. Why would she even try!'
'I don't know, Alex.'
'Exactly, it's stupid. I think you're just trying to make things harder for me. I don't blame you for being mad at me but please, stop going on about this nonsense.'
'Things are already hard as they are, I'm definitely not trying to make it harder for anyone.' Once again, Perrie for some reason decided to give in and drop her case for her family's happiness. At one condition. 'If that's what you want, I'll stop going on about this story. At all. But I mean it: there will be no talking about Jenny or the baby in this house. I don't want to know anything about them. You're free to be involved in this child's life as much as you like, but me and Sienna are out.'
'That's unfair. Sienna and the baby would be siblings, are they never gonna be able to meet each other or play together?'
'Not until I know she's a decent person and that baby's actually yours.'
'See, you keep on putting me in front of these absurd decisions to make! She would find out about her brother or sister at some point. What are you gonna tell her?!'
'What am I gonna tell her? Why me?! You're the one who put us all in this situation.'
'But you're the one who wants to keep this a secret from her. If you don't let her being involved, she's gonna use that against you one day, when she'll be old enough to understand what you've done.'
'Don't you dare saying things like that! What is she going to do when she'll be old enough to understand you cheated on her mother and had a baby with another woman, eh? Take that paternity test if you want her to be involved. I told you, I'm not going to compromise. Take it or leave it, Alex.'

[Hello everyone :) How are you doing? It's so hot here! I'm loving it and hating it at the same time lol
I finally had the time to fix this chapter and update, hope you enjoy it! Perrie is finally standing her ground and that's how we like it haha
I'm hoping to do some writing tonight and update tomorrow, but I've had a busy weekend celebrating my birthday so can't guarantee anything lol
Let me know what you think and as usual thank you so much for your support! xxx Love to everyone :)]