.29

[Monday.]
'Hey, I wasn't expecting to see you here.'
'I know, sorry. I tried to call you but it kept going to voicemail.'
'Do you need anything?'
Perrie decided to do some more investigating before confronting Alex and Jenny. Her and the girls thought of an excuse for Perrie to turn up at Jenny's house to ask a few discrete questions.
'I found a couple of books about babies and pregnancies from when I had Sienna. I thought you might want to have a look before, you know, the scan. You probably have so many questions for the midwife.'
'Thank you, that's very thoughtful.'
Perrie thought it was weird she didn't invite her in. Jenny quickly looked over her shoulder, almost nervous.
She had clearly just got out of bed, as she was standing there at the door in her dressing gown with messy hair. Perrie, who had noticed a different car in the girl's driveway, didn't miss the chance to make a remark. 'Sorry, I'll go now. Didn't know you had guests.'
'Ehm? What?' She looked nervous.
Perrie knew she got straight to the point. 'I just saw the car in the driveway.'
'Oh... no. My car's at the garage so my friend lent me his.'
'Oh, I see. You must have nice friends.'
Jenny sighed. 'What do you want? You saw me at the cafe the other day, didn't you?'
Perrie thought for a moment that maybe it was best to drop it there, but couldn't help herself.
'I did, yes, which means you saw me too.'
'I didn't think you recognised me.'
'Have you got something to hide then?'
'No I don't. Perrie, you and Alex have every right to be involved in the baby's life, but not in mine.'
'Who is he?'
'He's a friend. I told you, I've got nothing to hide.'
'Didn't look like a friend to me.'
'Well, I guess you're wrong. He's a friend, we hadn't seen each other in a while. He just broke up with his girlfriend and he tried to kiss me. End of the story. Am I allowed to have friends and get on with my life or do I have to ask for your and your husband's permission?!'
'That's not what I meant, Jenny. Gosh, have you always been so dramatic or is it hormones?'
'Are you done with the interview? Can I go back to bed? I'm not feeling very well.'
'No, I'm not done actually.'
Jenny rolled her eyes leaning on the door frame. 'I'm not sure I want to hear it.'
'It's about the scan. I think Alex would like to come with you but he's afraid to ask.'
'So he sent his wife to ask me, very mature.'
'He didn't send me. I just thought...'
'Maybe you're overthinking.'
'Why don't you want him there? I don't get it. He was the only one who wanted this child, you owe it to him.'
'I don't owe anything to anyone. I never said I didn't want him there, you're doing everything yourself.'
'Why didn't you ask him to come with you? Unless you didn't ask him because you wanted someone else to come with you.'
'I'll pretend I didn't understand what you're trying to insinuate. You better go, you're making a fool out of yourself. Bye.'
Jenny slammed the door as Perrie walked away without even saying goodbye.

Perrie drove home after picking up Sienna from nursery. The little girl went running in her mum's arms as soon as she saw her. She had made a castle out of boxes and couldn't wait to get home to show her dad. Perrie, on the other hand, couldn't shake that conversation with Jenny out of her head.
When Perrie opened the front door, Alex was sitting on the sofa. Sienna very excitedly started to talk about her model.
'And then I put the glue right here, see. And I put the other box on top and the little boxes to make the towers. And I painted it all by myself daddy.'
'All pink, of course.' Alex smiled looking at amount of glitter that was now on the sofa.
'Daddy, can you get me my water please?'
Sienna put her castle on the floor and went to fetch her dolls to play with it.
Alex walked in the kitchen where Perrie was tidying up. Perrie immediately understood Alex knew about her visit to Jenny.
'We need to talk.'
'I'm guessing she called you.'
'What were you thinking?!'
'Alex I'm sorry, I'm not gonna sit here and wait for this ship to sink. I want answers.'
'Did you find the answers you were looking for? Was it worth it?'
'It was worth it, yes.'
'Definitely worth it, yeah. You found out absolutely nothing and now she's so mad at us she doesn't even want to talk about the baby with me. Way to go, Perrie.'
'Why is she so mad if I'm wrong? What has she got to lose doing a dna test?'
'You can't go to someone you barely know and ask them to do a dna test for their baby because that's basically calling them a lying whore!'
'So to prove me wrong she should do the fucking test!'
Alex and Perrie where now shouting at each other. Sienna quietly entered the room cuddling her doll.
'Can I have my water daddy?'
'Yes baby girl, sorry. I forgot.'
Alex passed her the water bottle, still giving Perrie dirty looks.
'Why are you shouting mama?'
'We're not shouting Si-si, mummy and daddy just can't agree about something.'
Alex walked Sienna to the door. 'Why don't you go and get more dolls upstairs? Daddy is coming to play with you in a minute.'
He turned around looking at Perrie, trying to speak quietly enough for Sienna not to hear them.
'I know this is hard to accept, but I never forced you to stay. That's my child as much as Sienna is. You're both in or you're out. But if you ruin this for me, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you.'
'I guess were even then, because although I tried, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you for what you've done.'

[Hello everyone :) Finally Friday! How was everyone's week?
More drama on the horizon over here, in this chapter lol
Can I just say... my Google search history looks mad in between all these info about pregnancies and dna tests lol
Let me know what you think ;) As usual, thank you for all the support! :)
Hope you enjoy xxx]