.24

[Friday.]
'Come in.'
'Thank you.'
'Thank you for coming.'
Jenny's apartment was small but cosy. The kitchen and the living room were all in one. It was tidy and smelt nice and the walls were covered of pictures from the girl's travels.
Jenny invited Perrie to sit on the black sofa. 'Sorry, it's not as pretty as your house.'
'Definitely tidier than my house.' Perrie said whilst still looking around.
'Did you talk to Alex?'
Perrie thought for a second before answering. She sighed. 'Listen, before we do... this... can we talk about you?'
Jenny looked at her confused.
Perrie continued. 'I suddenly found myself in this situation and I know absolutely nothing about you. I don't even know how old are you or what do you do.'
'I'm 23. I'm originally from Ireland but I moved here a few years ago, when I started uni.'
'What do you study?' Perrie tried not to focus too much on the fact that Jenny was so young, although that made her feel very uncomfortable.
'Bioveterinary science.'
She felt even worse thinking that those words sounded so complicated in her head. 'Sounds nice. What about your family?'
'It's me, my mum and dad and my older brother. I love them but we don't always see eye to eye.'
'And why's that?'
'My dad is a lawyer. Ben, my brother, followed in his footsteps and dad always wanted me to do the same. When I told him I had other intentions... well, let's just say he wasn't happy. That's why I work at the farm at weekends, 'cause my dad is refusing to pay for my studies.'
'Did you tell them, you know, about...'
'Not yet. I don't think I'll tell them to be honest. It's pointless.'
'What do you mean?' Perrie knew exactly what Jenny was referring too.

*Flashback*

[Friday.]
'What was the rush for then?'
Perrie has driven from London back home to Manchester to talk to Alex. She looked nervous since the moment she opened the front door. It was almost ten o'clock at night, Sienna was asleep and the house was incredibly quiet.
'Alex... babe, I've got a call from Jenny today.'
Alex took a deep breath before standing up off the sofa. 'I'm guessing she is pregnant then.'
He started to pace nervously back and forth in the living room. 'What else did she say?'
Perrie didn't like to see him that nervous. 'Come and sit down. Please.'
Alex sat back down next to her with tears in his eyes.
'She doesn't want it, does she?'
'I'm sorry. She asked me to tell you because she's worried about your reaction.' Perrie run her hand through Alex's curls. 'She also asked me to go over to her place tomorrow to talk.'
'You don't have to if you don't want.'
'I know. But I will, if you want me to.'
'For what?'
'Alex, I'm not gonna lie. I think she's right and not having this baby would be the best thing for everyone... everyone, well, apart from you. It's clear that you don't agree with her decision. I've been through it, I know what you're feeling and how scary it is. I can't promise anything, but I can try and talk to her.'
'Would you really do that for me?'
'Of course I would. At the end of the day, it is a baby we're talking about. I said it before, I can't be selfish about it. It wouldn't feel right.'
'I honestly don't know what I did to deserve you in my life.'

*Flashback ends*

'Perrie, I told you yesterday on the phone. I don't think I'm ready. I don't want to do this.'
'You said you don't want to do this by yourself, but you wouldn't be alone.'
'That's what you say now.'
Perrie didn't really know what to say to make her change her mind, so she decided to follow her heart.
'You're right, I can't promise anything. I don't know what the future holds, but there is something I know for sure. Alex is the best father I've ever met. He loves Sienna to pieces and would do absolutely anything to see her happy and keep her safe. And he's been like that since day one, since I told him we were having a baby. I can guarantee you he was born to be a dad.'
'Perrie, this is all great, but I still don't think it would work. Let's just assume I have this child. What would you tell your daughter, family, friends? What about the press? What if you suddenly realise you don't want to do this anymore? Let's face it, Alex would love the baby, I have no doubts, but it would never be the same as it is with you and your little one.'
'Right, but if you don't want to do it for Alex, think about yourself.'
Jenny slightly rolled her eyes imagining what Perrie was going to say, but then Perrie surprised her with something she wasn't expecting.
'I lost a baby, years ago. I've had a miscarriage. No day goes by without me thinking about what it would have been.'
Jenny stuttered. 'That... it's not the same.'
'It is. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life thinking of what it could have been?'
Jenny looked annoyed now by this deep conversation. 'Why are you even trying to make me change my mind?! I though that out of everyone you would be the one to agree with me. This could ruin your family, Perrie.'
'I'm doing it for Alex.'
'After all he's done to you...'
'Believe it or not, I love him more than anything.'
Jenny showed some emotions for the first time since Perrie first met her. 'I'm starting to understand why Alex doesn't want to lose you.'
Perrie tried to avoid talking about her relationship. 'We know the decision is yours to make and we really don't want to add any more pressure. We just want to show you that we would try our best to make things a work. Why don't you come round tomorrow for lunch? You can have a bit more of an insight of our life and you and Alex can talk about it. If you still don't want to do it, then we'll accept your decision and support you all the way.'

[Hello everyone :) So she finally told them she is pregnant!
Now the doubt is... is she going to have this baby or not?!
I'm sorry to keep you hanging all the time lol
Also, I wanted to thank again all the people who keep following this story and leave comments and vote :) To me, it is crazy to have so many views and seeing that people actually enjoy my writing! Thank you so so much :) enjoy the chapter and let me know your opinions xxx]