.10

'What are we watching again?'
'The new Trolls movie. You liked the first one, didn't you?'
Sienna smiled excited looking at Perrie first, then to Alex, whilst holding both their hands.
'But remember, we have to be quiet at the cinema.'
Her parents now looked at each other smiling nervously. That was the first time they took their three years old to the cinema and were hoping she would behave.
As soon as the lights turned off though, Sienna's happy smile turned into a worried face and she insisted to watch the film sitting on her daddy's lap, leaving Alex and Perrie sitting next to each other.
The film started and Perrie was glad to see her daughter's expression: she looked fascinated by all the lights and the bright colours, taking in every sound coming from all different directions.
'What are you crying for?!' Alex whispered in Perrie's ear.
'Look how happy she is... she's loving it!'
Alex smiled and shook his head seeing Perrie getting so emotional. He instinctively grabbed her hand and lightly kissed her cheek.

'I can't believe you cried!' Alex laughed out loud as he opened a beer resting on the kitchen counter.
'Stop taking the piss!'
'It was her first time at the cinema babe, what are you gonna do when she starts school or loses her first tooth then?'
'Oh I don't even want to think about it.'  Perrie kept mixing something in a big pan.
'Mama I'm really really hungry.'
'Dinner will be ready in a minute Si-si. Why don't you and daddy get the table ready?'
'What's for dinner?'
'Spaghetti bolognese.'
Sienna gasped and looked at her dad. 'My favourite!'
Alex gave her a high-five. 'And daddy's favourite too!'
The three of them sat at the table and had their dinner. They then got Sienna ready for bed and both went upstairs with her to tuck her in and wish her goodnight.
'What are we doing tomorrow?'
Alex and Perrie looked at each other sitting on their daughter's bed.
'Si-si, mama has to work tomorrow. I'll probably be gone before you'll wake up baby.'
'But we're gonna have lots of fun. I promised you I'll take you to the farm. You can see the rabbits!'
'I like rabbits.' Sienna yawned as her eyes started to close. 'But I like mummy and daddy more.'
Alex and Perrie left Sienna's room and Alex gently closed the door behind him.
'I feel so bad now, I wish I could stay.'
'She'll be fine. I'm sure there will be other occasions. Well, I hope so.'
'Of course! Actually, I was thinking...' Perrie didn't know why she felt so nervous talking to her husband. '...that maybe we can spend some more time together on Sunday, before we go back to London.'
'Sure, Sienna would love it.'
'What about you?'
Alex sighed. 'What do you want me to say? Of course I would love it, but I also think it's pointless. Tonight was perfect, I loved every minute of it. Sunday will be the same. And then all of a sudden you both will be gone. I still don't see the point.'
'Alex I'm trying to make an effort.'
'Spending time together as a family shouldn't be an effort. Spending time with me shouldn't feel like a chore.'
'It's really not.'
'That's what it seems like at the moment. Anyway, you should probably going to bed given you're leaving early in the morning.'
Alex started to walk down the stairs.
'I take you're not sleeping in our bed then?'
He turned to look at her. 'No. I don't think we should sleep together until we come to an agreement on this situation.'

[The day after.]
'I can't wait to see the bunny rabbits!' Sienna jumped up and down in the queue waiting to enter the rabbits' hutch for the petting session.
After a couple of minutes, it was finally their turn.
'Give the lady you're token Si-si.'
Sienna passed the brown-haired girl her token.
'Alex!'
'Oh hey, Jenny. I didn't know you worked here.'
'Just at weekends. Typical uni students life.' The girl giggled, then continued pointing at Sienna. 'I guess this is the reason why you didn't reply my text then, when I asked you if you wanted to grab a coffee sometimes.'
Alex was clearly embarrassed. 'Yeah, I'm sorry. Life is just very complicated at the minute and the other night...'
'You don't need to explain, I get it.' Jenny smiled at him as she put the rabbit on Sienna's lap, who was patiently waiting. 'Now sweetheart, look at the camera with a big smile and we'll take a nice picture for you to take home. Ready?'
Once they were done, Alex took Sienna's hand before exiting the hutch. 'What do you say to the ladies?'
'Thank you. I love the rabbits. They're my favourite.'
Jenny waved at her. 'Bye darling. Bye Alex, see you around.'

[Hello people xx As promised, here's another chapter! So, Jenny is the mystery woman who texted Alex... Let me know what you think xx I love reading all your comments! xxx]