.27

[2 weeks later]

[Tuesday.]
'We still got a couple of hours before I have to pick up Sienna from nursery.'
'Did you tell her about the baby yet?'
'Not yet. We want to wait for Jenny to have her first scan so we can show her the picture. That also gives us enough time to think exactly about what to say because let's be honest, you know my daughter, and this has to be done very carefully!'
Perrie was driving around Manchester with Jade, who had gone up to see her friend for a couple of days.
'When is she having her first scan then?'
'In about two weeks or so.'
'Are you nervous about it?'
'I don't know really, I thought I would be. The truth is that we haven't really spoken to her much since she told us she was gonna keep the baby. We sent her a couple of texts to ask if she's alright to which we received very telegraphic replies. She messaged Alex three days ago telling him the day of the scan but that was about it.'
'Is he gonna go with her or... you know...'
'Yeah, talking about it. So... I told him we should go with her, or at least, he should go. But he said that she didn't mention anything about him going to the appointment and he doesn't want to ask because he thinks it's inappropriate. I personally think that Alex has got every right to go. What do you think?'
'Are you kidding? Of course he's got the right to go. She moaned so much about how scared she was he wasn't gonna be involved, I reckon she would let him go if he wanted to.'
'That's what I thought. I'll try and talk to him closer so the date. He's just trying to comply so she won't get upset with him and turn things around again.'
'I don't know how you can put up with this.'
'I don't know either, trust me. That girl is bipolar, I swear. One day she's a roller coaster of emotions, the day after she doesn't show anything at all. She's just so arrogant and careless via text but she's completely different when we see her face to face. It's like she's rehearsed or something before we meet.'
'Sorry babe, but this is worrying.'
'I know, but it's a bit late for that don't you think? Not much I can do since I'll have to deal with her for the next eighteen years at least.'
'And how are things with Alex?'
'Ehm, we're alright. We didn't argue anymore about it which is good, but again, we don't really talk about it that much. I just feel weird at times. I'm fine with him most of the time and then all of a sudden...'
Perrie hesitated before finishing the sentence.
'Spill the tea.'
'Sometimes I just can't shake out of my head the picture of him sleeping with another woman. It's always there. I've had nervous breakdowns every time we finish having sex, it's not normal! I've been avoiding sleeping with him at all in the last week or so...'
'Give yourself time babe. I'm sure he understands. Well it's his fault anyway so even if he didn't, it wouldn't be your problem. Does he know about all this?'
'He clearly understood I don't want to do it, but I never explicitly told him why.'
'Maybe you should tell him. Talking about it might help you. Shall we get a coffee before heading back home then?'
'Sounds good to me. I run on caffeine nowadays.'
Perrie, who was driving, pulled into the cafe's parking lot. As the girls walked to the tables in the outside area, Perrie stopped. She grabbed Jade's arm to make her stop as well.
'What?'
'Jade, don't make it obvious, but look at the table near the green window. Can you see that girl?'
'The one in the denim jacket?'
'That's Jenny.'
Jade squinted as the table was far enough from them. 'She looks... alright. Hang on, she does look really young. How old did you say she is?'
'23, gross, I know.'
'Who's that guy with her?'
'I have no idea. Maybe he's a friend, or her brother...'
Jade interrupted Perrie, raised her eyebrows and pointed for Perrie to look at them. 'Babe, that's definitely not her brother!'

[Wednesday evening.]
'Jade just messaged. She got home safe and sound.'
'It was nice of her to come up to see you for a few days.'
'It really was. I miss the girls so much.'
Perrie and Alex were in bed. The tv was on although they weren't really watching it as too busy with their phone. Alex put his phone down on the bedside table before turning to her.
'I know you do, but you'll start touring soon. I think we should make the most of this time we've got together.' Alex smiled with lust and kissed her. Perrie kissed him back but immediately moved his hands away when he put them on her hips.
'I'm sorry.' Perrie pulled away.
'It's alright.' But Perrie knew it wasn't alright. Alex sighed loudly and laid his head on his pillow in frustration.
'It's just... I'm not ready. I can't do it.'
'Sorry but I don't get it. We've had sex lots of times since you came back from London. What's changed?'
'What's changed is that now I know for a fact you cheated on me.'
Alex opened his mouth to reply but Perrie continued. 'Actually Alex, I meant to talk to you about something but I was sort of waiting for Jade to go.'
'Doesn't sound good. Better brace myself.'
'There's no need to get snappy.'
Alex rolled his eyes sitting up. 'Sorry, I'm just... frustrated. Go on.'
Perrie took a deep breath. 'We saw Jenny yesterday morning. She was at a cafe.'
Alex looked at her confused, not understanding why he should care.
'With a man.'
He still didn't react. 'So?'
'So... they were being really friendly.'
'Babe, I don't care really. What do you want me to say? I told you I don't feel anything for her, at all.'
'Yeah but... the way he was kissing her and the way they were with each other... They're clearly more than friends. Do you think he knows she's pregnant?'
'That's her problem, not ours. As long as nothing happens to my child then whatever she does with her life it's up to her.'
'I agree, but...'
'Perrie, where are you going with this?'
'I don't want to upset you, but listen: have you thought that maybe there is a slight possibility that baby is not yours?'

[Hi lovelies :) How's everyone doing? I'm feeling like a 90 years old at the moment lol I'm always tired and everything hurts haha
But enough about me... let's get back to the story lol
Soooooooo... Perrie finally realised there's something not right about all this! Now I wonder what Alex's reaction will be...
I always have to try not say too much because at the moment I have at least another 5-6 chapters ready so I know exactly what is going to happen and I'm dying for you all to read it haha
I wanted to thank you all again for all your comments, you always make my day and I love your support! Enjoy :) xxx]