eight 🗝

Two days went by so quickly and Jeongin noticed how quiet it was. Yua still haven't gotten her revenge and frankly he felt relieved but scared at the same time.

Yua's section walked in the classroom as they start their Child Development Class. Some of their classmates were reporting but half of the class weren't even listening.

"Chocolate?" Yua offers under the table.

Jeongin raised an eyebrow, "What's it coated on? Worms?"

She chuckles, "I believe you got the wrong idea, Yang Jeongin. That was my brother's mistake."

He gritted his teeth, "You got me in trouble with the customers,"

"But you're not in jail. Now that's a result I like to call, success."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Eating?" She mutters while taking a bite. "I'm hungry."

"You know what I mean."

"Jeongin life's a game." Yua answers putting the chocolate on his hand, "And if you don't play, you lose."

"Yang Jeongin!" The teacher suddenly calls out, making Jeongin stand up.

"S-sir..!"

"Eating in my class?" Mr. Park walks towards him. "Didn't I tell you the rules of how my class works?"

"No, sir, wait." Jeongin tried to make him understand the situation. "This isn't my chocolate. This is Yua's! She was eating!"

Mr. Park turned his attention to the lady, "Is that true, Ms. Adachi?"

Yua shrugs, looking so innocent, "I have no idea what you mean sir. Ever since I got inside, I've been listening to the report."

"Y-you're lying!" Jeongin points out. "Sir please—"

"If I may excuse myself Mr. Park," Beomgyu who was seated behind them, started to speak. "You can ask them a question and whoever answers is telling the truth that they were listening."

Nice, Beomgyu. If Yua can't answer the question, that means she wasn't listening. Now, let's see the topic is Child Abuse... and if we're talking about radiologists—

"Less than 20%, sir." Yua had started talking.

Wait what?

"There are less than 20% of abused children that present injuries that can be recognized by radiologic techniques. That's why radiologists who treat children should think of a possibility of abuse whenever they diagnose a fracture especially if the history is not compatible with their findings. Also, metaphyseal corner fractures in infants are usually caused by abuse."

Yua explains, making Jeongin's classmate drop their jaws. They knew she was smart but they also knew she wasn't listening that time of the report, so how come?

Jeongin was also in awe as he forgot he was supposed to answer. "Sir, uhm, can you repeat the question?"

Mr. Park was impressed by Yua but glared at Jeongin when it was his turn, "You can't even answer a simple question given by me yet you claim you were listening to the report this entire time. Detention at 4pm."

He walked away and motioned to the students in front to continue the report.

Yua smirks, taking the chocolate back. "You know sometimes you just need ears to listen."

Jeongin was frustrated. "How did you do that? You were talking this whole time and I don't see you holding a cheat sheet."

Yua took the last bite of the remaining chocolate, "Jeongin, when you get good grades, you can get away with anything."

She threw the chocolate wrapper on Jeongin's table. "Now be nice and throw that for me."