twenty-four 🗝

The teacher looked at the baby Yua was holding. It looked healthy and clean.

"Nice job, you two." He says, looking at Jeongin. "You'll make great parents someday."

Beomgyu coughed behind them, "I hope so.."

Mr. Park wrote something on his clipboard and continues to check the others' progress.

It was the last week of the baby project and after this they won't ever meet with the section again.

Yua looked at the baby and started playing with his little fingers.

Jeongin moved his chair closer and rested his arm behind Yua's chair, "You looked happy."

Yua smiled, not looking at him. "The month went by so fast. I'm going to miss taking care of him."

Jeongin tilted his head, "I can find you something to take care of again,"

Yua's eyes started to sparkle, "Really?!! Where? Who is it?"

Beomgyu leans in between them, "He means him."

Jeongin pushed his face out, "I don't mean me, idiot." He leaned on the chair again, "My dad's dog is going to give birth later this month, if you want I can give you one of the puppies..."

"You mean it? For real?"

"Yes, Yua."

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"You're blooming." Chaeryeong comments. They were eating lunch at the cafeteria.

Guanlin nods and leans in, "She looks different. She looks..."

"Inlove." Daehwi finishes the sentence.

Yua snickers at them and continued eating, "I don't need your nonsense."

"Well we don't need you as well." Guanlin snaps back.

"Anyway," Chaeryeong spoke up again. "What's the real score between you and Jeongin? Are you two dating?"

Yua frowns, "I don't know. He sometimes flirts with me but he hasn't said anything."

Daehwi closed his book and joined the conversation, "What about you? What do you feel?"

Yua bit the inside of her cheeks. She admits she has a crush on him.

"I kind of like him?" Yua questions, looking at her friends who weren't even surprised.

Guanlin nods, "Are you planning to get romantically involved with him?"

"I don't know. I haven't thought of it yet."

"You should think it through Yua." Chaeryeong says. "Remember, this is the first guy you've ever truly liked."

Yua sighs as she spots Jeongin having lunch with his friends. He was laughing at something Chenle said. He suddenly turns around but Yua quickly looks away.

She really liked him but she had no idea if he truly felt the same. She wasn't supposed to feel this way at all but pranking Jeongin was really a challenge for her.

Yua loved how he accepted the competition and tried getting back at her. She loved the adrenaline rush of it.

"What if its just a prank?" Guanlin asked.

Chaeryeong eyed Yua before speaking, "It could be possible. I mean, you once did that."

It's true. Yua once lied to a guy who kept calling her every night. She acted inlove with him and once he started to fall, she broke his heart.

Daehwi disagrees, "I don't think Jeongin can do such a thing."

"Are you sure?" Guanlin furrows his eyebrows. "He has Choi Beomgyu on his side, remember?"

"Yua." Chaeryeong calls out.

Yua was quiet. He wants to believe Jeongin's intentions were sincere but her friends also had a point.

What's the real deal, Yang Jeongin?