twenty-one 🗝

Jeongin watches as Yua finishes the pizza they had earlier.

"Yummy!" She exclaims, wiping her mouth.

"You're having fun."

"Are you not?"

Jeongin chuckles, "I am. Let's go?"

They were in the mall as Seungmin suggested. Jeongin planned to watch a movie with her but ever since the start of their date, he noticed something.

He felt like someone was following them.

"Jeongin, you okay?" Yua asked, getting worried. She was holding the baby for their project.

Jeongin snapped out of his thoughts. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's nothing."

The couple sat down in the middle row. They decided to watch Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.

Yua was the one who picked the movie saying she loved Princess Aurora.

Jeongin brushed his hair up again. His bangs were slightly covering his eyes. He told Yua he forgot to put on some hair gel since he was running late.

The girl fished out a ponytail from her bag and tied Jeongin's bangs.

He started getting flustered, "W—what are you doing?"

"Oh, relax." Yua says, finishing it. "It's a cinema, no one will see you like this."

"Y-yeah... but..."

Yua looked down on him as Jeongin looks up. They stared at each other's eyes for a few seconds before Yua started to lean in slowly.

"Don't come any closer." Jeongin whispers with his husky voice.

"Why?"

"I can't do this yet. It's unfair to you."

Yua frowns, "But you already did."

"I know."

"So that was a mistake?"

Jeongin quickly shook his head after hearing Yua's sad voice, "No! No! No! It's just—"

Jeongin never finished his sentence because they saw a flash of a camera just a few meters behind them.

They quickly looked behind but found no one in sight.

"You saw that too, didn't you?" Jeongin asked Yua.

Yua just nods in response.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"You asshole!" Ryujin whispers, hitting Guanlin a couple of times.

"Hey, it wasn't his fault!" Chaeryeong was quick to defend her friend.

"He should've noticed there was a flash." Ryujin snaps back.

"As if Beomgyu didn't make a mistake earlier. Jeongin almost saw him, remember?"

Beomgyu shrugs, "I can pass that off as strolling through the mall?"

Daehwi sighs at their situation. They were now hiding behind the seats because Guanlin tried taking a picture of Jeongin and Yua but failed.

"Can we just watch the movie?"

Ryujin fixes her shorts and sat down on the seat, "The next time we spy on them, I'm making the plan."

"Of course, queen." Guanlin answers, "Be my guest."

The movie finished and once the couple stands up again, the group hides behind the chairs.

"How long are we gonna do this?" Daehwi asks, feeling a bit bored.

Guanlin ignored Daehwi's question and faced Beomgyu, "Where are they going next?"

"Hmm, according to Jeongin, he was planning to take Yua to the amusement park." He explains scrolling through their group chat.

"You know I'm getting tired of these amusement park dates." Chaeryeong mutters.

"Well, its better there than here." Ryujin says, "There's nothing to do in this mall except watch a movie, shop and eat."

"True and Jeongin already did two things," Beomgyu adds. "He can't take Yua shopping since he has no money."

"Who has no money?"

"Jeongin." Beomgyu absent mindedly answered without having any idea who asked him.

"How could you say that?"

Beomgyu continues, "Well because he's cheap and—"

"BEOMGYU!!!!" Ryujin exclaims turning his body around to face who he was talking to.

Beomgyu's mouth hung wide open, "J-Jeongin... Nice seeing you here...?"

Jeongin raised an eyebrow, "Nice seeing you too, Choi Beomgyu."