twenty-three 🗝

"Thanks, hyung!" Jeongin says, closing the door. "This will be great."

"Jeongin?" He heard a voice at the end of the hallway. "Is that you?"

The figure slowly appeared and he was now face to face with Lee Chungha.

"Noona!?" Jeongin looked surprised. "W-what are you doing here?"

The girl raised an eyebrow at him, "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that question?"

"Well... I— uhm..."

He was thinking up of an excuse because he doesn't want anyone to know why he was meeting up with his hyung.

Before he could say anything, the door of the bedroom opened, revealing his hyung.

"Jeongin! I forgot to tell you the most important thing about flirti—" The boy stopped midway when he spotted Chungha. "Babe! You're here....early."

Chungha rolls her eyes, "Yeah and so is Jeongin. What is going on?"

Hyunjin gulped, his eyes meeting Jeongin as the latter shook his head, "He needed help with his homework."

"He needed help from you? What kind of subject is that? PE?"

"Yes noona!" Jeongin exclaims. "It's PE, we're having dance at school tomorrow. Oh, look at the time. I have to go, bye!"

Jeongin dashed out of the house as quick as he can before Chungha could ask him anything.

The lesser people know, the better.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Yua took the last piece of bread on the table.

"Hey!" Yosuke, her younger brother exclaims. "I called dibs on that!"

Yua sticks her tongue out, "I don't care!"

"Its early in the morning, you two." Mr. Adachi says, putting the newspaper on the table. "Stop fighting."

Yosuke glares at her, "Dad, she started it!"

Mrs. Adachi sips on her coffee before speaking, "Yua, get your brother another toast."

"But mom—!" Yua was about to go against it but her mother sent her a look. "Ugh, fine!"

She walked towards the kitchen and prepared another toast for her brother.

The Adachis were close with each other. Ever since Yua's twin brother died, they never moved back to Japan because they wanted to stay here. Close to Yukio.

"Yua, you have a guest." Yuto calls out as he comes in the front door. He was cleaning his car outside.

"It's probably Guanlin."

Yosuke widens his eyes and dropped his phone on the table the moment the guest entered. "It's— it's not..."

Yua set the toast on Yosuke's plate and looked up. She widens her eyes as well, "What the fuck."

"Yua. Language." Mr. Adachi hissed at her.

Jeongin bowed his head to the family, "Good morning. I'm Jeongin and I came to fetch Yua so we can head to school."

Yosuke smirked and elbowed his sister, "Someone's got a boyfriend~"

Yua pricked his forehead, "He's not my boyfriend!"

Mrs. Adachi smiled in amusement, "You're welcome to stay for breakfast, Jeongin."

Jeongin was about to say yes but he spotted Yua who started to panic. She looks cute.

"If you don't mind—"

"We're not staying." Yua picked her bag on the couch and dragged Jeongin outside. "Bye mom! Bye dad! I'll see you later!"

"Oh, you guys are not coming with me?" Yuto asked, leaning on the doorframe.

Yua snarled at him. She knows if they go with him, he's going to tease her all the way, "No thanks."

The moment they were out of the village, Yua stopped walking and faced Jeongin. "What do you think you're doing?"

Jeongin looked confused, "I don't get it. I thought you'd want me to fetch you so we can go together—"

"And who told you that?"

"Yuto hyung."

"Why would—" Yua stopped, realizing something. "Did you ask about me?"

"That's silly. Of course I didn't." Jeongin answered but he sounds nervous.

"Sure..." Yua says, knowing full well that he was lying. "Let's just wait for the bus."