twenty-eight 🗝

Yuto opened the door and the first thing Yua smelled was alcohol.

"Are you sure you're invited?" Yuto asked, moving towards the living room.

"Chenle must be here." Yua said, looking around.

"Maybe," Yuto answers, pointing at Jeno. "Since the dreamies are here."

Yua nods, "I'll go find him then."

They parted ways and Yua started to walk towards Jeno. She tapped his shoulders.

"Oppa, have you seen Chenle?"

Jeno turns around, "Oh, you're Yua. Sorry, Chenle isn't here. They're spending winter break in China and their flight leaves tonight."

Yua frowned, "That's okay. Thanks oppa!"

Great. The girl thought. Chenle isn't here and I'm all alone. How do I find Jeongin in a party this big?

She walked around the house and ended up in the backyard. People were still partying hard.

Man, college parties look fun.

"What are you doing here?"

Yua flinched at the voice and when she turns around, Jisung was standing there wearing a bonnet and a hoodie.

Yua looked at him from head to toe. He was also wearing sliders, "Nice fashion sense."

"I don't need you to rate me." Jisung answers. "What are you doing here, Adachi Yua? This isn't a playground."

"Mind your own business, weasel. Besides, I didn't come here for you."

"Then if you came for Jeongin, you came to the wrong place."

"And why is that?"

Jisung steps forward, "Jeongin took a risk saving your life and getting suspended. So don't even think of coming near him tonight because this is our territory. If you want Jeongin, you have to get through to us first."

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Jieun spotted Jeongin sitting on the couch. "This is a party you know."

"I'm not in the mood."

"You're literally the only person here who's not enjoying." Jieun points at the dance floor, "Look, even Beomgyu and Ryujin are hitting it off."

"They've been hitting it off since the start of senior year," Jeongin comments.

"Okay," Jieun sits beside him. "What's wrong?"

Jeongin fiddles with his fingers before speaking, "Its Yua. I saw her walk in with Yuto hyung."

Jieun grins, "Then that's great! You two can talk!"

Jeongin looks at her dumbfoundedly, "So I should tell the girl I have a crush on that instead of playing with her feelings, the only other option to make her stop pranking me is to order the bees under her name to get her caught?"

Jieun dropped her cup on the floor. Luckily it was empty, "W-what did you say?"

"I said, instead of playing with her feelings—"

"No! Before that!"

Jeongin looks confused, "I didn't say anything before that."

"Stop acting dumb, Yang Jeongin."

Jeongin bit the inside of his cheeks, "Fine. Yes, I have a crush on Yua."

Jieun widens her eyes as she starts hitting him with a pillow, "Oh my god! Finally! I thought we were gonna go through all that denying again."

"Anyway," Jeongin went back to the topic. "What should I do?"

"You should talk to her. To clear this up." Jieun suggests. "Ever since you got suspended, she's been asking us where you were."

"Did you say anything?"

Jieun shakes her head, "We know you don't want her to know but Chenle told her earlier. Maybe that's why she came."

Jeongin sighs, spotting Yua talking to Jisung in the backyard. He stands up, "If I want to talk to Yua, we have to hit one obstacle."

"What is it?" Jieun stands up as well.

"The hyungs."