nineteen 🗝

Yua walks around school trying to find Jeongin. The weekend was done yet he still haven't answered her question.

"Maybe he really doesn't..."

She sighs, as she proceeds to the bathroom but before she could come in, a hand dragged her wrist.

"What the—"

A boy was pulling her towards the utility closet and as soon as they were in, he locked the door.

Yua crossed her arms over her chest, "You could've just called to meet."

Jeongin shrugs his shoulders, "I left my phone at home."

"Figures. You might've barely touched it after I asked the question."

"I was thinking, alright?"

"Jeongin, we kissed." Yua argues. "What's there to think about?"

"Yua, you don't understand—"

"Then make me understand!"

"You know it's not a simple yes or no question. It's harder than that."

"It's just a question. What's more to it?"

Jeongin decided to throw it back at her, "Do you like me?"

Yua was about to answer, but no words came out of her mouth. She had no answer to that either.

"See? You're thinking." Jeongin says, leaning on the wall.

"I'm not!" Yua stomps her foot and walked towards him. "I like you. See? It's not that hard."

"Nice try, Adachi Yua. But don't fool yourself."

"Jeongin..."

"Look," Jeongin rests his hands on her shoulders, and looked her straight in the eye, "I don't want to hurt you, okay? I need time to think. I want to be sure of this. I want to be sure of us."

Yua's heartbeat was the only thing she could hear after Jeongin said those words. She was feeling weak in the knees as thousands of emotions rush inside her.

"Are you sure you're not just rejecting me?"

Jeongin chuckles and gives her a forehead kiss, "You really are something."

Yua smiles and noticed his hair color returned to normal, "You would've looked good in pink."

He smiled back, brushing his hair up, "I'll do it again when we're in college then."

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"You what?!" Seungmin stops in his tracks. He was walking with Jeongin towards the Music Department.

Jeongin rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to repeat that."

"Okay, but do you like her?"

"Maybe?"

"Jeongin. This isn't some game." Seungmin says noticing the younger clinging to the baby doll. "And are you seriously gonna bring that everywhere you go?"

"It's a project hyung. I have to watch it at all times."

"Whatever you say. Now let's get back to Yua."

"Fine. What should I do then?"

"Well, why don't you try asking her out on a date?"

Jeongin got confused, "How does that work?"

"You're going to find out if you're comfortable with her or not," Seungmin explains, almost reaching the building. "So, what do you say?"

After some thinking, Jeongin finally gives in. "Fine. I'll do it."

"Good. Now let's find Jisung and tell him the news—" They were about to walk inside when they heard Jisung's voice a few meters away from them.

Both turned their heads and spotted the boy chasing Haeyeon. It looks like they were fighting.

"Haeyeon, wait—!" Jisung calls out.

Jeongin frowns, "I think hyung has some news for us."