fifteen 🗝

"What?!!" Jeongin groans. He was on his way to Seungmin's house. "Come on, hyung! I'm already outside your subdivision!"

"I'm sorry, Jeongin but there's none left. You can come back tomorrow and we'll find some."

"Fine then, I'll just go home."

Jeongin ends the call but before walking for a few seconds it rang again.

"What is it hyu—?"

"Jeongin?" There was a girl crying on the other end of the line.

Jeongin looked at his phone. Its an unregistered number but that voice sounded so familiar.

"Who is this?"

"It's Yua... where are you? The baby's crying and I— I don't know what to do.." She sniffed. "Pl-please, Jeongin... I can't do this alone..."

Jeongin gripped the phone tight, "This isn't one of your pranks, right?"

"No! I'm serious!" Yua cries in frustration as Jeongin hears the baby crying on the background. "Please... just come..."

He sighs, "Just tell me where you are, I'll be on my way."

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"Come on! Please stop crying..." Yua exclaims. She was in a mess as she just finished her swimming lessons at their clubhouse inside the village.

Yua was the only one left in the pool area. The baby was still crying and she had already fed her milk and change its diaper.

Jeongin arrived in time spotting Yua struggling on the bench.

"What happened?"

"I— I don't know. He seems fine when we arrived earlier."

Jeongin kneels down, "Maybe you forgot to feed it?"

"I already put the bottle in his mouth and he finished it."

"Diapers?"

"Already changed." Yua said, pointing at the trashbin.

"Hmm," Jeongin tried to make silly faces which made Yua smile a little but it was still crying.

She covered her ears, "Make it stop!!!"

"Jeez, Yua," Jeongin carried the baby in his arms. "Don't let the child hear that."

"He's a doll! He can't hear anything!"

As Yua said that, the cries became louder.

"Please remember my suggestion of you not being a mother," Jeongin says as he focuses his attention on the child.

He tried to cradle it, and hum some songs while Yua watches him in amazement. The baby's crying minimized and in a few seconds it was already dozing off.

He'll be a great dad someday. Yua thought.

Jeongin puts the baby back down on the bench. There was already a blanket laid out for it, "He was just sleepy."

Jeongin sits on the floor and Yua sits beside him, "Thank you, I guess."

"Why don't I take him home for the night, so you can rest?"

"Fine by me."

Jeongin nods and scanned the pool area. "You own this place right?"

Yua nods, "My dad built this place to commemorate my brother."

"Yuto hyung?"

"No, my twin brother. Yukio."