twenty-seven 🗝

It's been a week and Jeongin hasn't come to school since that day. He also hasn't answered any calls or texts from his friends.

Yua was wearing the white bandana Jeongin was supposed to have.

Classes are already over and it was the start of winter break but she was still standing in front of Jeongin's locker.

"What are you doing?"

She looked beside her and found Chenle leaning on the lockers, "What do you want?"

"You're seriously not waiting for Jeongin to come out of there, are you?"

"And what if I am?" Yua snaps back.

Chenle stifles a laugh, "You are so whipped for the boy, you know that?"

"Excuse me, Zhong Chenle but I don't need you to point out what I do or don't feel."

"Hey, I'm just pointing out the obvious."

Yua rolled her eyes and picked up her bag from the floor. "If you're done annoying me—"

"Jeongin's not expelled."

"W-what?" Yua faced Chenle. "You're lying."

Chenle walks towards her and explained the situation, "Jeongin's just suspended for two weeks. Although the remaining one week is effective after we come back next year."

"Then why hasn't he answered any of my texts and calls?"

"Maybe he's guilt tripping you~" Chenle started to tease her.

Yua crossed her arms over her chest, "You think you're funny?"

Chenle just shrugs, "Either way, he's fine. If you want to see him come to Chan hyung's dorm later. They're having a party."

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"Party!!!!!!!!" Hyunjin exclaims holding a red cup. "Finally, school's over!"

Raewon furrows her eyebrows, "Its just winter break, Hyunjin."

Chungha chuckles, "Don't bother arguing. He believes what he believes."

Hyunjin smiles and pulls Chungha, "Come on, babe. It's time to dance."

The party had started an hour ago and people from school started to arrive.

Everyone was enjoying since they finally have the time to relax and just be their normal selves but one boy wasn't really into it.

Raewon noticed Jeongin alone in the kitchen as he kept cancelling the incoming call.

"Why are you not answering it?"

"It's no one, Noona." Jeongin says, seeing Yua's name popped up again.

"If its no one then she wouldn't waste her time calling you." Raewon says but Jeongin still rejected the call.

"Jeongin." Raewon calls out again. "Are you sure everything's fine?"

Jeongin nods, gripping his phone in his hand. A memory he tried so hard to forget flashes before his eyes.

They were at the restaurant and he decided to go to the restroom. He leans his head on the wall as he thought of the kiss he had with Yua.

Did he kiss her because he wanted to or because he finally gave in to Beomgyu's suggestion?

Either way, it was wrong of him to do that. He didn't like her in that way...

"Yes mom, I'm with Sungwoon hyung and the others." He heard a voice just outside the stall he was in.

"No worries, Minhyun hyung says he'll drive me back."

It was Guanlin. He was here with his hyungs.

The call probably ended because Guanlin stopped talking and he heard the sink.

Guanlin received another call again, "Hello? Oh, yes regarding the bees I ordered—"

Bees?

"Yeah, I'd like to cancel it." Guanlin says. "The name's Adachi Yua. Yes, yes."

Jeongin suddenly came up with a prank but it was too risky. Still, he had to do it.

He can't go on pretending he liked her, so the only way to make her stop is to get her caught.

Jeongin heard Guanlin's stomach rumble and a door of the stall closing.

He slowly got out and lucky for him, Guanlin left his phone on the sink!

There was a passcode so he put Guanlin's birthday in first but nothing happened. He tried their group's anniversary, still nothing.

An idea suddenly popped up but it was too crazy. He pushed the thought away and typed in the numbers.

Much to Jeongin's surprise, it opened.

'Guanlin's passcode is Yua's birthday?!' Jeongin thought inside his head.

He scrolled through the recent calls and copied the number of the seller of the bees.

Jeongin heard a flush and he quickly put the phone back, running out of the restroom.

Jeongin then decided to give a call and placed an order. He then borrowed money from Changbin to make Guanlin look like he received the money back.

Everything was going according to plan but Yua messaged him that night asking if he likes her.

Jeongin thought long and hard about it. He met up with Yua and told her he needs to think it through.

It was going well for him until he saw Yua having fun with Guanlin. Something stirred inside of him and he hated the fact that Guanlin was too close to her.

Now that he knows Guanlin likes her, he got irritated the whole day and asked Seungmin to meet him.

That's where he got the idea of asking her out on a date.

He suddenly spent more time with Yua and realized he did like her as he started asking Hyunjin for advice about flirting.

"What's wrong with him?" Seungmin suddenly arrives, breaking Jeongin's trip down to memory lane.

Raewon shrugs, "I think he's in the love dumps."

Jeongin suddenly blushed, "I am not!!! Why don't you guys have fun and stop bothering me-"

He pushed the couple out of the kitchen as they laughed at the younger's attempts to be alone.

He looked around the room and found people dancing and liplocking.

He sighs, lucky for him this party is exclusive for college student only. So the possibility of seeing Yua here is close to zero, or so he thought.