twenty-six 🗝

Jeongin arrived in school only to be greeted by Yua. He smiled seeing her in front of their classroom. The project was already finished so they didn't get to see each other that often.

"Good morning!" Yua smiled brightly.

"Hey," Jeongin greeted her as he leans on the doorframe, "What brings you here?"

"I wanted to give this to you."

Jeongin noticed a small box she was holding but before he could reach for it, he noticed something weird. "Will you excuse me for a second?"

Jeongin looks behind the door and he found Beomgyu and Chenle listening in on their conversation.

Chenle quickly raised his hands in defense, "I got dragged into this!"

"Hey! As far as I'm concern, you're the one who saw Yua first!" Beomgyu snaps back.

Jeongin just rolls his eyes and threw his bag at them, making Beomgyu catch it, "I'll be back."

Jeongin walks out, grabbing Yua's wrist and walking down through the corridor. They stopped at the lockers near the staircase.

"Sorry about that," Jeongin says, "I had to deal with some big mouths."

Yua chuckles, "Understandable since I have some big mouths of my own." She hands him the box, "Here. Take it as my apology for all the pranking I've done."

Jeongin was shock. This was the first time he saw Yua apologizing for a prank she did.

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing," Yua shrugs, "I just wanted to make up for it."

Jeongin took the box from her. It was wrapped in a starry wrapping paper. He opens the lid and found two bandanas inside. One red and one white. "A-are these really for me?"

Yua slowly nods, "Since you sometimes have trouble with your hair, the bandana can hold it back."

"This isn't another prank is it?"

Yua frowns, "N-no... I just wanted to give you a gift. That's all."

He felt his heart flutter and he couldn't contain his smile. He picked up one bandana and handed it to Yua, "Will you put it on me then?"

The girl started to get flustered. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, "Y-you want me t-to put it on y-you...?"

Jeongin nods and lowers his body so Yua could reach him. Yua comes closer as she wraps the bandana on Jeongin's head.

Yua avoided Jeongin's eyes as she closed her own and turned her head sideways.

"Why are you closing your eyes?" He asked.

"I don't want to look."

"Open them, Yua." Jeongin whispers, cupping her face with his hand and turning her head to face him. "Yua."

Yua slowly opened her eyes meeting Jeongin's. She just finished tying the bandana behind his head.

They eyed each other for a few seconds before Jeongin started to lean in. Yua closed her eyes and —

"Yua, we have a problem!"

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"What?!" Yua exclaims. She was in the garden with Chaeryeong, Guanlin and Jeongin.

There was still 15 minutes before class starts.

"The package already arrived." Chaeryeong explains. "And that's not the worst part, Mr. Park opened the package and they all swarmed the office."

Yua started to get angry as she grabbed Guanlin's collar, "Didn't I tell you to cancel it?!!! You had one job, Lai Guanlin. One job!"

"H-hey!" Guanlin tried to remove himself from her grip, "I did cancel it! I specifically told them not to deliver it anymore. I even received the money back!"

"What's this all about?" Jeongin asked, a bit clueless.

Yua forgot he was still there as she lets go of Guanlin and faced Jeongin. "Oh, its just another prank. But its not for you!! You don't need to worry."

Chaeryeong raises her eyebrow, "Is it just me or is Yua acting kinda different whenever Jeongin's around?"

Guanlin hold his neck and tried clearing his throat, "Don't *cough* say that in front *cough* of her."

Yua faced her friends again, "We'll just have to deny we were a part of it."

"It had your name on it." Guanlin points out.

She glared at him, "Did I ask for your opinion?"

The principal suddenly walked towards them. His face was full of rage as Guanlin hides behind Chaeryeong.

"Mr. Chung, good morning." Yua greeted with a smile. "Its so nice of you to join us in this lovely fresh air."

"Drop the act, Adachi Yua." Mr. Chung says. "I know you ordered those bees that arrived this morning! It had your name written all over it."

Jeongin was listening to the conversation, then it hit him.

Bees.

Yua shrugs, "Whatever do you mean by that Mr. Chung, I had no—"

"Admit to it Ms. Adachi or deny it one more time and you can get expelled. I finally caught you red-handed and you can also admit to all the pranks you've been doing the past few years."

Yua's face drop. No way she could get out of this alive. If she gets expelled, she could be sent back to Japan to live with her grandparents. That means leaving behind her friends and Jeongin.

"Yua..." Chaeryeong mutters. "I think it's time to drop this. I don't want you to get expelled."

"I.. I don't..." Yua looks at Mr. Chung who was waiting for her answer. She sighs and was about to say something when Jeongin beat her to it.

"I did it, Sir." Jeongin lies.

The three students were in shock. "WHAT?!!!!"

The principal got even more confused, "Mr. Yang, what's the meaning of this?"

Jeongin looked at Yua first before speaking, "I ordered the bees in Yua's name. I just wanted to prank her."

Mr. Chung eyed Yua as he motions to Jeongin, "Come with me to the office."

Jeongin sighs and decided to follow the principal but Yua blocks his path.

"Jeongin, what are you doing? You know I'm the one who did that."

"It's gonna be fine, okay?" Jeongin handed her the box back, "Hold this for me."

Jeongin walked pass her but Yua grabs his hand, "No, its not going to be okay. You're going to get expelled."

Jeongin just smiles as he leans in, kissing her forehead, "I promise, I'm not."