Part 43

Avery slams the door to her office open, storming across the room.

"Where the fuck is your mate?" She snarls, lifting the woman out of her seat, and slamming her against the wall.

One of the picture frames on the walls falls and shatters as the force of Avery's movements make the room shake.

Beta Jared runs into the room, his eyes widening as he takes in the scene.

"Alpha, you can't do this," he nervously whispers, and Avery turns to him, her canines down, her eyes flashing, and her claws out.

She's partially shifted, and her appearance makes Jared shrink back.

"Get out," she screams, and he quickly backs out, closing the door behind him and instantly linking for guards to stand outside the room.

"Where is your mate," Avery roars, slamming Freya against the wall again.

The woman stares at her with tears in her eyes, her lip trembling, and her entire body vibrating with fear.

"Elijah Preston," Avery growls, lowering her tone and forcing herself to be calmer.

It's one of the biggest challenges she's ever faced - all she wants to do is rip this woman to shreds until she gets the answers she wants, but she can't kill her yet.

"I don't know," the woman whispers, petrified.

"We know you do, and we know he's responsible for the attack on Alpha York Wilcott, and previous attacks on a young boy, and Alpha Scott Petty," Avery hisses, one of her hands moving to the woman's throat.

"I am giving you one last chance to tell me what you know before I begin torturing you," she spits, and the woman opens and closes her mouth multiple times, her body shaking so much that her hands are hitting against the wall every few seconds.

"He's not my mate," the woman gasps, her eyes filling with tears.

Avery pauses, her eyebrows raising.

They didn't see anything about that in the files.

Avery loosens her grip, but keeps a firm hold on the woman - it could be a ruse.

"If you don't tell me everything you know, I will Command you," Avery says evenly, and the woman nods as best she can, which isn't very much due to the hand around her neck.

"I will, I promise, just please let me down," she whimpers, and Avery gradually loosens her hold again, setting the woman back on the ground.

Avery walks to her desk chair, and sits down, indicating for the woman to sit opposite her.

Her icy blue eyes never leave the woman's figure, as she shakes and stumbles her way into the armchair.

"Start talking, Freya. We won't harm your little boy, but we need information to establish if we need to protect him," Avery adds, having let Sonya loose for a moment.

I hate going through peoples heads, her wolf grumbles, but hers is just scared.

Scared of what?, Avery questions, she knows she'll be protected.

You guessed right, Sonya responds, she's terrified something will happen to her little boy.

Freya breathes a sigh of relief, and straightens up a little bit, clearing her throat.

"Water?" Avery asks, proceeding to fling a bottle towards the other woman calmly.

"I'm going to record what you say next because other Alphas and packs are in danger from this man," Avery slowly states, before pressing on a tape recorder and a microphone on her phone.