Part 79

The excitement in the air is infectious as Avery enters the room, a grin on her face.

As soon as she enters, the teenagers release a roar, startling the nearby packs into moving away.

Avery has to stop herself from snorting out loud at the sudden fleeing of the nearby people, and she barely has a chance to think about the entire thing before her pack engulfs her into a humungous group hug.

They all start talking at once, and Avery can't focus on any voices, deciding to shush them and suggest that they take turns so that everyone is heard.

"Are we all happy?" She beams, and they all hoot, the trophies being lifted aloft and wiggled about, the light beams catching the shiny metal and reflecting around the room in rainbows.

"I'm so beyond proud of you all," she grins, shaking her head in disbelief as she looks at each and every face that surrounds her.

The facial expressions on the teenagers range from simply satisfied to gleeful, all of them chattering to each other excitedly as they show each other their winnings and try to talk over each other about who had the most challenging fight, comparing competitors and the moves that they used in the ring.

Avery watches the group interact, and she shakes her head with a broad smile, folding her arms as she patiently waits for them to finish up and turn to look at her.

Gradually they do, albeit it takes a few elbows in a few ribs from some of the younger ones to each other.

"We passed on the good news to your parents and the rest of the pack, and to say they're beyond delighted is an understatement. We're going to be leaving tomorrow morning, and we'll be arriving back to a feast in celebration of your winnings. We will be on the aeroplane by 8:30 am at the latest tomorrow, because apparently it's going to be in the mid-afternoon, and I'm assuming you all want time to get ready," she grins. Most of the teenagers nod reverently, their eyes sparkling as they look at their Alpha.

"Alpha, on behalf of all of us, I just want to thank you for training us," the eighteen-year-old female who she trained personally steps forward, her trophy in her hand.

"We appreciate all of the work you put into our preparation, even though you didn't have to," her male counterpart adds, a massive smile on his usually stern face.

It's typically a Gamma's job to train the fighters, especially the teenager ones, but Avery took it on as a pet project since she had won in her day.

Most Alphas present at the fights had never witnessed their teenagers fighting or training before, and that had become clear when some of them had tried to protest that their fighters could do a lot better than they did in the ring when the poor fighter was on the ground and on the verge of passing out.

This trip was seen as a bonding trip for Alphas and their new fighters, but Avery and her pack didn't really need any bonding trips - she was active in organising fun events and regular pack parties and dinners to make sure everyone knew each other.

She didn't like people to feel left out, so she tried to ensure there was something for everyone.

"Thank you guys, I appreciate that you appreciate the work I did with you all," Avery laughs, shaking her head at the kids.

She pulls the older two that stepped forward into a tight hug, releasing them after a minute.

"Okay, I'm going to let you all go and get ready for the dinner dance now. Anyone who needs help with bruising or other injuries, go to the clinic and get all of it sorted sooner rather than later, it'll just get busier," she warns, clapping the teenagers closest to her on the backs.